- JOB SCOPE : Position requires setting up and operating all types of welding equipment and flame cutting equipment to produce both production and custom designed parts.
- DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Use proper welding process and procedure for various types of steel, stainless steel, and other alloys.
- Setup work pieces according to engineering drawings or verbal instructions.
- Use fixtures to position work pieces.
- Weld parts per job specifications.
- Maintain weld size of bead and penetration to drawing specification.
- Chip and/or grind off excess slag or weld.
- Work in a safe manner at all times to conform to factory rules.
- Operate hoists, saws, shears, rolls, presses and related fabrication equipment.
- BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum of two years industrial experience in fabrication type work.
- Successful completion of welding school, covering such welding processes as electric arc, semi-automatic (MIG), automatic submerged arc, TIG, oxy-acetylene welding and brazing – (documentation required).
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, and work form verbal instructions with special emphasis placed on welding symbol interpretations.
- Attend supplementary instructions as required.
- Basic understand of electrical variables relative to arc welding such as polarity, voltage, and amperage.
- GENERAL NOTE
This job descriptions was drafted for use by management to provide a short description of the job classification. It is not intended to encompass all of the duties of the classification and, frequently, duties of other job classifications may overlap with those described in this position guide.
To apply for this job please visit egay.fa.us6.oraclecloud.com.