- Vacancy information
Seaway7 is a global leader in the delivery of fixed offshore wind farm projects, supporting developers to bring sustainable, renewable energy to the world through the construction of fixed offshore wind farms.
We are a global company headquartered in Oslo – Norway with five further main offices in Aberdeen – UK, Leer – Germany, Vejle – Denmark, Taipei – Taiwan and Zoetermeer – the Netherlands, and furthermore a local presence in all key offshore wind regions around the world. We employ more than 500 people onshore, and an offshore workforce of around 400.
Our values are what guide us every day: safety, integrity, performance, collaboration, sustainability and innovation.
With more than 10 years of offshore wind experience, a state-of-the art fleet, specialist technologies and a range of integrated contracting models, we are well positioned to seize the opportunities of this rapidly growing market. We are expanding our teams in readiness for this growth. Will you be the next addition to join Seaway7 for this exciting future?
POSITION PURPOSE STATEMENT:
We have an exciting opening in Seaway7 Finance for a Project Controller / Project Accountant (up to Senior level) located in our Taipei office, Taiwan. As a key member of the project team the position will be responsible for providing cost control support to allocated projects and for preparing month-end project financial reports.
Our preference is for the person to be based in Taiwan on a full time, residential basis.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsibility for all aspects of cost control of assigned projects including forecasting and commitment tracking of man hours, procurement activities and vessel operations.
- Provide project managers with advice and support in financially managing their projects
- Ensure that SAP accurately reflects project costs and revenues to date, including any accruals or prepayments
- Responsible for the preparation of project and financial forecasts for assigned projects
- Assist the project manager in the preparation of a monthly financial sensitivity analysis for their projects
- Analyse variances from as-bid financials by building a detailed monthly analysis of variances from prior forecast
- Prepare month end project reports and review with Project Manager
- Attend project / client meetings and provide relevant cost and financial input as required
- Prepare and issue, or manage the preparation and issue of all project invoices, including a focus on collection of payment
- Prepare project cash flows in support of the Group’s Treasury requirements for cash flow forecasting
- Any ad-hoc duties as required
Qualifications and Education
- It is essential that candidates should be educated to degree level in Finance or a Business related subject
- It is desired that candidates should have a recognised accounting body qualification, shows good awareness of relevant accounting standards and is committed to self development
- It is essential that candidates are competent in the use of Excel
- It is essential that candidates can communicate effectively and articulately at all levels and demonstrate good analytical skills and effective forward planning
- It is desired that candidates have a good understanding of SAP and is an expert user of excel
- It is desired that candidates can demonstrate leadership skills and are able to motivate/influence others to achieve required objectives and are proactive in making suggestions for improvements to systems and procedures
- Candidate must be able to assume responsibility for project control and accounting processes and show commitment to self-improvement and development of professional accountancy skills
- It would be desirable for candidates to have Project accounting and cost control experience in a similar industry
Seaway7 are committed to creating a diverse workforce and we look to offer excellent career opportunities as you develop your skills and aspirations.
Along with a wide range of benefits and a flexible working environment, employees can further enhance their work-life balance through our Remote Working Policy.
To apply for this job please visit careers.subsea7.com.