- Vacancy information
At Subsea 7, we take pride in being recognized globally as a leader across the Energy Industry. For 5 decades our people have delivered over 1,000 projects in all water depths across our energy hubs and we continue to do so, adapting and evolving in an ever-changing world. Our success and sustainability are only made possible by continuing to develop our assets and technology through innovation and collaboration, and importantly through the development and diversity of our people who every day ‘Make Incredible things Happen’ At Subsea 7.
The position shall form part of the Project Cost Control team and the Finance Department.
The Project Cost Controller ensures accurate, timely and value added analysis and reporting on a project or projects. The discipline contributes to the effective running of projects and comprises responsibility for, but not limited to cost performance status reporting.
The role ensures the provision of all cost control on the project including budget set up, updates and monitoring, change management, variation estimating, cost reporting, risk contingency and management as well as all forecasting activities. The role reports functionally to Finance Cost Control Manager and Directly to Project Manager/Director on a specific project.
- Establish and communicate processes and routines required for effective control and reporting during the project lifecycle to all team members.
- Develop a common understanding of the Tender budget and ensure its transfer to the cost management system in order to establish first project forecast.
- Establish a project coding structure in accordance with the Group guidelines.
- Assist/liaise with Project Planner for maintenance of project WBS and NWA structures.
- Oversee the timely coding, collection, analysis and reporting of all project expenditure, together with budget holder(s).
- Responsible for the reconciliation of forecasted and actual expenditures and the production of project accruals.
- Responsible for the overall coordination of changes to the forecast based on inputs from Client, project management and other project team members as applicable.
- Perform monthly closing adjustment in accounts: determine and post cost accruals and unbilled revenue, calculate and post revenue adjustments when its recognition is based upon cost progress.
- Prepare and load forecast revenue and costs per period in the reporting tool.
- Ensure in-depth analysis and reporting of variances on a monthly basis.
- Prepare/compile cost and financial input to the PMSR (Project Monthly Status Report).
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- University level Business Degree, ideally in Cost Management, Project Management, Finance or Engineering
- Minimum 5 years relevant Experience of establishing and performing Cost Control on various types and size of projects.
- Relevant previous experience at an appropriate level in the subsea or offshore environment
- Technical knowledge and application of Cost Control and associated systems
- Accounting skills
- Experience in SAP is an advantage
- Strong Excel knowledge
- Good communication skills
- English fluent
- Strong analytical skills.
- Creative problem solving – able to suggest and develop new methods and ways of working.
- Sound communication skills – able to communicate ideas and results to various stakeholders both in written reports and in meetings, presentations etc.
- The ability to work in a team as well as individually with a minimum of supervision.
- The ability to organize and prioritize own work and as such have responsibility for discrete work packages ongoing simultaneously.
- Understanding of clients’ needs and ability to suggest and apply “fit for purpose” solutions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed in creating a diverse workforce and look to offer an exciting and excellent international career opportunities as you develop your skills and aspirations.
Along with a range of employment benefits, career development opportunities (mentoring and development programmes) and a flexible working environment, our employees can also further enhance their work-life balance through our Remote Working Policy and wellbeing through a Medical Private Plan and a Wellbeing support initiatives.
All applicants that meet the job criteria will be contacted in the two weeks following the application submission date by our AMEC recruitment team. Remaining applications will be integrated in our database and considered in future job opportunities.
To apply for this job please visit careers.subsea7.com.