Will manage an entire project team including project engineering managers, projects engineers, engineering disciplines, project services and third parties. Accountable for delivering the Pre-FEED, FEED or Detailed Design project or part of a major project in accordance with the Contract, within budget and plan and to agreed corporate and client HSSE and Quality standards.
- Typically manages and is responsible for the delivery of Feasibility, Conceptual Design, Pre-FEED, FEED, detailed design projects.
- Able to lead the project from Feasibility through to Detail engineering leading the Client through the decisions gates and approvals.
- Provides Leadership in HSSE and QA/ QC. Approves Project HSSE and QA/QC project plans and monitors effective implementation. Supports Project and Corporate Quality Audits where necessary in relation to QA/ QC and HSSE.
- Establishing and adequately resourcing the requirements of the project, including staffing, office facilities, IT infrastructure and IM strategy, regularly reviews the demobilisation plans of the workforce and project progress in order to minimise cost and overheads wherever possible.
- Manages the initial mobilisation of the core project team to ensure that all necessary activities are reviewed with actions appropriately assigned, timescales agreed and relevant parties briefed, with new communication channels established where necessary.
- Approves the Project Execution Plan (PEP) and subsidiary coordination procedures for the project. Ensures effective implementation and supports Project and Corporate Quality Audits where necessary.
- Provides leadership for technical reviews such as HAZOP, HAZID, value engineering, design integrity, 3D Model reviews. Is supported by the Project Engineering Manager, Project Engineers and Lead Discipline Engineers in these reviews.
- Accountable for the entire project budget and contract. Coordinates all activities for the successful initiation, execution and close-out of the project within project schedule and contractual requirements. Oversees all coordination between and Clients, Engineering, Sub Contractors and any other external or internal agency. Manages project to deliver gross margin.
- Manages the establishment of the mechanisms and specific processes and elements for external and internal progress monitoring and reporting against the project plan. Manages project personnel to ensure progress monitoring is effective and enabling control of the project budget. Ensures that a change management process is administered and that corrective action is agreed and implemented at the appropriate level, as and when variations from plans occur.
- • Responsible for all management, commercial and technical decisions relating to the project. Consults with Project Sponsor or Project Director on major issues relating to the contract or Company relationship and implements recommendations for resolution.
- Supervises the entire project team of typically up to 10-15 personnel, including Project personnel, engineers, designers, Project Services and all third party contractors
- Majority of time allocated to supervision, planning, coordination, attending meetings, critical approvals and maintaining contacts.