CGG (www.cgg.com) is a global geoscience technology leader. Employing around 3,700 people worldwide, CGG provides a comprehensive range of data, products, services and solutions that support our clients to achieve their business and transition goals. We combine human ingenuity and new technology to understand and solve the world’s natural resource, environmental and infrastructure challenges. Our unique perspective uncovers new ways for our clients to be more efficient and responsible, for a more sustainable future.
We support our clients’ Digitalization programs with expert geoscience data transformation and management services, as well as the latest digital technology applications for geoscience data and cloud solutions for data delivery and HPC.
This position can be located either in Houston, US or Crawley, UK
The role will lead project development and support the sales, marketing and opportunity development function within the GeoSolutions team by identifying, maturing and delivering new project ideas and project scopes within the strategic focus of the business as well as providing technical support during client meetings. Roles may focus on the CCUS, Minerals and Mining or broader geoscience and digital geology space.
- Identification and development of new projects and business opportunities in the multiclient Earth Science space
- Generation of project plans, costings, and presentation materials to demonstrate the value of new and pipeline projects
- Client engagement to determine key value drivers for clients and to identify and secure access to key datasets to build the Earth Data library
- Technical sales and associated support to Sales & Marketing and Project Delivery teams including technical client presentations
- Collaboration with internal and external teams to ensure future and ongoing project development is optimised for value generation
- Pro-actively contributing to the development and maintenance of an effective marketing strategy and marketing materials for GeoSolutions, including websites, presentations, conferences, advertising and other marketing channels
- Close co-operation with and, where appropriate, technical mentoring and support to the Sales and Marketing team
- B.Sc. in Geology, Geophysics, or Geoscience
- Demonstrated experience in the key areas of CCUS, minerals and mining or digital geology.
- Knowledge of current best practice, workflows and software platforms employed in at least one sector of the Energy or Energy transition space
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, targeted at a wide range of levels (including senior executives)
- Fluency in oral and written English, including technical writing
- Understanding of different cultures and a willingness to travel
- Masters / Ph.D. in a technical mining discipline, Natural Science or Geoscience
- Experience in the mining, energy or energy transition space, ideally with an operator, to provide knowledge of customer ‘needs’
- Data science and data analytics experience and familiarity (skills in dashboard generation, analytical platforms and databases)
- For Minerals and Mining focused roles:
- Experience of working for a mining ‘major’
- Experience of either the South American minerals and mining market or a sector of the US mining market
- Spanish as a first or additional language
Business travel required to meet clients as part of the opportunity development and sales role.
Learning and Development
Our culture of learning and complementary approach to supported or self-guided career development, enables the design of tailored courses to suit specific needs of each individual to aid personal growth in areas related to technical, commercial and personal skills, via an extensive suite of CGG developed courses, managed through our own CGG Learning hub.
We have great Benefits
As well as a competitive salary and bonus scheme, CGG has flexible holiday allowance, pension scheme, private healthcare & dental and financial wellbeing assistance, among many other local discounts and incentives.
Join us and share your talent and imagination to ‘see things differently’!
We see things differently. Diversity fuels our innovation, we value the unique ways in which we differ, and we are committed to equal employment opportunities for all professionals.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.