Reference No. 22 08 23 VG
Reference Number: 22 08 23 VG
CA Mining has partnered with Osino Resources in a retained search for a highly skilled Project Director who will be responsible for the safe and successful implementation of their new Greenfields project, the Twin Hills Gold Mine, which will include the 5Mtpa Gold Processing Plant and supporting infrastructures. The company currently has less than 50 people employed during the FEED Phase, which is likely to increase to around 1000 individuals, including open-pit mining contract operations, when the project proceeds into implementation, commissioning and operations. The FEED phase is due to complete in January 2024 and move into the EPCM phase around July 2024 until June 2026. During the EPCM phase, the Project Director will communicate with Osino’s Operational Readiness team, but will primarily be responsible for managing several contractors and a small Owners Team to complete the Detailed Design, Procurement, Construction Management and Commissioning of the project. The ideal incumbent will have vast experience with working on Greenfields projects, coupled with a proven track record of thriving within diverse, multicultural team environments.
- Lead and manage the execution of complex projects based on successful feasibility studies and FEED packages prepared by others.
- Provide direction to engineering design and construction contractors for projects with capital costs exceeding US$ 300 million.
- Collaborate effectively with specialist consultants, NGOs, Government Departments, and national authorities to ensure successful project implementation.
- Interact with power, water, roads, ports, and other relevant authorities to navigate regulatory and permitting processes.
- Manage the process design function of gold projects, ensuring efficient and effective project delivery.
- Facilitate smooth interaction between project implementation teams and mine, plant, and infrastructure operations personnel.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with equipment vendors, suppliers, fabricators, and contractors.
- Monitor construction progress on-site, engaging with EPCM companies and multiple construction contractors.
- Manage and oversee external consultancies and specialized technical associates, including commercial and change management aspects.
- Build and lead strong project teams, fostering internal and external relationships for collaborative success.
- Implement management policies, procedures, and systems to drive effective project delivery.
- Define performance targets for project teams and ensure their attainment.
- Develop and manage capital cost budgets, monitor financial performance, and assess deviations.
- Evaluate and approve progress payments for various services subcontracts.
- Create and manage services package budgets, schedules, and plans, maintaining accountability.
- Assist in operational readiness exercises and collaborate positively with the Owner’s Operations Management Team.
- Review historical reports and leverage insights for future project activities.
- Evaluate, assess, and propose modifications to engineering designs and layouts.
- Conduct successful commercial negotiations with potential vendors of long lead items.
- Present key technical, financial, safety, environmental, and social matters effectively to the Board and CEO.
- Ensure compliance with all environmental, health, and safety regulations and associated permits.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A minimum of 10-15 years of experience in senior roles in delivery of multiple mining and process plant projects and studies, including the Project Manager role on at least two comparable projects.
- An additional minimum of 10-15 years of experience in operation, process or other design, procurement, cost estimation, planning and scheduling or commissioning of process plant projects.
- A degree/master’s degree in metallurgical or related engineering and registered as a professional engineer.
- Owner’s team project experience as well as EPCM contractor project and study delivery experience.
- Experience working in Africa is essential, Namibian experience is preferable.
- Must speak English, and preferably Afrikaans and/or German.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- 2-year Fixed Term Contract – Possibility of Renewal
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to email@example.com
Please visit www.camining.com or www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
To apply for this job please visit www.caglobalint.com.