One of our valued clients, a large Oil & Gas midstream company are seeking an Intermediate Project Engineer to join their busy Calgary team on a long term contract basis (2 Years).
Get numerous pipeline projects across Canada from engineering design to IFC and into service.
Work closely with our embedded design engineers of all discipline to ensure our design meet our scope, while coordinate with other internals stakeholders to make sure we get the designs we need.
Given the scope, scale and number of projects in the Pipeline Integrity team.
The Project Engineers (PEs) support Pipe Integrity projects encompassing installing L/Rs, replacing valves, tie-ins, hot taps and line-stop and bypasses along with any work requiring engineering design.
PEs typically run 10-15 projects at a time and will see most to installation and operations within the year.
• Work concurrently on multiple pipeline integrity projects, and manage, prioritize and effectively handle multiple and competing demands and tasks from Project design initiation to completion;
• Oversee engineering design work – this includes (but is not limited to), launcher receivers, valve replacements, hot tap and stopples bypass, tether risers, class location upgrades, crossing designs (HDD, DPI, etc.), and reconnects;
• Perform design reviews, as well as facilitate the stage gate engineering design and review process as part of TC Energy’s PDS process;
• Work closely with Design Engineers, Drafting, engineering service provider (ESP) and other stakeholders (e.g. operations) to develop the design, ensuring alignment with commercial drivers and scope requirements;
• Coordinate with engineering design disciplines to deliver the issued for construction drawings;
• Manage project scheduling and cost tracking for detailed design;
• Draft and facilitate completion of technical project documents including:
Design Basis Memorandums (DBM), Scope of Work, Request for Quote (RFQ) etc.;
• Coordinate the procurement activities for project materials (RFQs, technical review, data sheets, vendor documents and drawings etc.);
• Facilitate the RFI process to ensure timely and quality responses are being completed during fabrication and construction;
- 5-10 Years Engineering Experience
- Professionally registered Engineer with APEGA
- University Degree In A Related Discipline
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
To apply for this job please visit www.nesfircroft.com.