Contribute. Grow. Lead…with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda – key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. OxyChem’s market position is among the top three producers in the United States in 2019 for the principal products it manufactures and markets. Based in Dallas, Texas, the company has manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Canada and Latin America.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Project Engineer with our Manufacturing Facility located in La Porte, TX.
Essential Job Duties:
- Maintains protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and transport our products, as our highest priority.
- Develops and executes capital projects to deliver timely, economical, and safe completion. In-house and external design/engineering support is available, as needed.
- Acts as the liaison with engineering and operations
- Develops and manages project scopes, including technical solutions to meet business objectives
- Estimates and controls costs
- Develops and controls project schedules
- Determines applicable OxyChem and regulatory policies and procedures and assures project compliance
- Provides detailed functional engineering, as needed, on assigned projects
- Defines and coordinates the work of engineering disciplines, both in-house and contract
- Reviews and approves drawings including flow sheets, isometrics, P&IDs, layout drawings, and vendor submittals
- Prepares procedures, specifications, and bid packages
- Specifies, requisitions, and expedites materials and equipment
- Coordinates installation with Construction Supervision and turn-over to operations
- Performs or oversees other activities as needed for successful project execution.
- Responsible for project management including, but not limited to, routine project updating and forecasting, project cost controlling, project schedule adherence, project change management, maintaining project documentation and the project database, and project close-out and archiving.
- Communicates the design and technical issues to technical and non-technical functions through reports, memos, design documents, and presentations, in a manner that is concise, factual, and effective.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required
- 5 or more years of job related experience
- 3+ years of project engineering experience
- Must be able to develop strong relationships with project sponsors, government agencies, outside engineering, construction and equipment supply firms.
- Must be capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously, ranging in size from $50M to $5MM.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, and speak in English.
- Persistent in achieving objectives despite obstacles and setbacks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and respond to callouts on a non-routine basis.
- Physical requirements – Must be able to lift 40 lbs., climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Microsoft Access, Microsoft Project, and SAP experience preferred
- 5+ years of project engineering experience in chemical or petro-chemical industry.
- Ten or more years of industry experience
- Field experience with installation of chemical plant equipment.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
– United States-Texas-LaPorte
– OXY CHEM
To apply for this job please visit oxy.taleo.net.