This role functions as a project leader in support to an Engineering Manager, ensuring technical success and delivery of the required technical aspects of the Project through respect, trust, accountability and innovation.
The following qualifications and skills are required:
* An attitude that demonstrates professionalism, enthusiasm, and dedication to your responsibilities and duties.
* A leadership style that takes a keen interest in developing relationships with others while maintaining the ability to candidly and directly address challenges as they occur.
* Effective written and oral communication skills, with an ability to get your ideas across, and be proactive to address communication breakdowns with others. Demonstrate a thoughtful approach to match your message to an appropriate medium (i.e. face-to-face, phone call, email, text, etc.).
* An approach to teamwork that demonstrates esteem for others, including interactions with co-workers, clients and vendors.
* Strong technical knowledge of engineering, design, and construction of offshore facilities.
* Recent project engineering management experience in an engineering firm or operating company.
* Capability to manage people effectively to meet quality requirements and project schedule.
* Organizational skills that enable planning, prioritizing, organizing and monitoring activities across disciplines in fast-paced projects.
* Experience with individual project sizes of $100M or greater
* The position will work in close collaboration with and under the coordination of the Houston based GPI.
* The incumbent must ensure compliance with regulations, reference documents and best practices for deep water Gulf of Mexico operations.
* Procurement of oil and gas equipment and services with a robust network of qualified and experienced vendors and contractors with high awareness of all factors related with legal risks and liabilities,
* Take a leadership role in regular internal project meetings to collect and disseminate information pertaining to the project
* Interface with contractors on a regular basis, including active participation in key contractor reviews and meetings as required.
* Actively participate in Project Management Plan reviews.
* Coordinate the collection and dissemination of technical information between/within the company, the owner and the subcontractors
* Promote and support interdisciplinary coordination.
* Maintains effective communication with project team members and with the customer.
* Provide notification of any potential commercial risk or opportunity to the Engineering Manager for further action.
* Participate in planning, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned projects.
* Provide overall project coordination and engineering oversight on assigned projects.
* Identify areas of concern with respect to progress of assigned project, recommend the corrective actions wherever required and execute when directed by the client
* Use knowledge of general application of principles, theories, concepts, and industry practices and standards to lead engineering and design of less complex units.
* Develop requests for information, submittal packages, and other correspondence with contractor to assist project progression
* Determine possibility of conflicts/delays in the construction process by review project drawings.
* Ensure that project charges are correctly represented for accounting’ closing process
* Communicate and coordinate project activities with engineering manager, package managers, contractor and other stakeholders.
* Provide technical expertise on offshore project engineering and management, including functional layouts, optimization, and operability.
* Responsible for ensuring compliance with the Project Quality Management System. Monitor QA/QC of project and coordinate with others as needed to resolve any design or process issues.
* Manage all lessons learned and incorporate them into department standards/processes
* Review quotations utilizing supplier information, cost standards, technical information from quality, manufacturing, engineering, and design
* Lead, conduct and participate in value engineering workshops for optimizing scope and design
* Organize and participate in Hazard and Operability (HAZOP), Safety Integrity Level (SIL), Project Health, Safety and Environment Review (PHSER) and EIA and HSE exercises for the assigned projects to implement the recommendation of such exercises.
Minimum Education: BSc. MSc or equivalent in engineering discipline required
– Background in Process / Mechanical Industrial / Civil / Electrical/Construction Engineering preferred.
– 7 – 10 years of project experience required
Required Skills /Certifications:
– Microsoft Office Suite Software
– Microsoft Project
– Primavera P6 software (familiarity)
Fluent English required.
Legally able to work within the United States for any length of time
Able to travel internationally to support project requirements at all project sites.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
To apply for this job please visit www.orionjobs.com.