Position Title: Project Engineer
Location: Anchorage – Travel as required to other work areas.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Project Engineer collaborates closely with the Deputy Project Director and Engineering Manager to ensure project success. The main duties of the role include:
- Supporting timely execution of project schedule
- Interface with EP/EPF to ensure timely delivery of engineering documents
- Support Owners Engineering Team with document reviews
- Participation EP/EPF/Construction meetings as needed
- Provide technical support as needed in the execution stage of the Pikka Project
- Ensures consistency in the project wide application of the Interface Management System
The role will also support in
- Assisting with contractor performance management
- Monitoring for compliance with Project document control procedures and taking corrective actions
- Provide guidance to contractors (e.g., regarding tradeoffs on design and cost, Owner preferences, etc.)
- Interface management with facility engineering contractors and system design contractors
- Assisting with response to technical queries (TQ’s/RFI’s)
- Delivers a project safety culture and acts as an icon towards HSE excellence. e.g. takes personal role in leading project site safety audits.
KEY STAKEHOLDER RELATIONSHIPS (Interactions required to carry out the role purpose effectively – who does this role rely on to do its job?)
- Assist with interface management during construction of permanent facilities
- The scopes of work the Project Engineer is managing must be coordinated into the project with the PMs support. The scopes need to be delivered to meet the project execution schedule. The team needs to be execution focused. RFI support as well as documentation is a key delivery.
- The Project Engineer works closely with the Project services team to ensure costs, risks and schedules are reported accurately. The Project Engineerneeds to fully understand the budgets of the scope being delivered and report any variance as soon as possible. Schedule development and reporting is also critical.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent in an appropriate field.
- Applicants must be eligible and authorized to work in the United States, and must have their employment eligibility verified by a completed Form I9.
- 10+ years of major international oil / gas projects in execution and delivery roles
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, and organizational skills.
- Technical competency.
- Proven experience in administering major components of project execution plans
- Demonstrable interpersonal / teambuilding skills
- Effective interpersonal skills required to interact at all levels of seniority.
- Alaska experience preferred
To apply for this job please visit www.airswift.com.