Project Engineer – Electrical / Instrument & Controls
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Engineer – Electrical / Instrument & Controls on a contract basis. to join our client a Joint Venture Company and leading energy producer in Algeria.
This is an expatriate assignment offered on a rotational basis (28/28) in remote Algeria.
Role & Responsibilities
The Project Engineer will be responsible for the overall management of brownfield engineering and construction scopes at the existing gas processing hub and associated facilities.
As part of this scope the project engineer will be responsible for:
- Managing a portfolio of primarily Electrical, Instrument & Controls / DCS packages
- Identify material requirements, initiate and follow up of procurement
- Facilitate assessments for Design and Construction
- Interface with Engineering Technical Authorities on the scope of requirements and technical standards
- Interface with the EPC contractor and colleagues in the client construction team
- Provide input to a detailed plan for modifications
- Maintain a job-specific forecasting mechanism to reflect the budget status
- Prepare estimates for new works and progress funding
- Track commitments and expenditure
- Manage cost performance and the agreed budgets
Required Skills & Experience
- The post holder shall be degree qualified in engineering (essential)
- Possess a minimum of 5 years experience as a project engineer with working knowledge and academic background in electrical or instrument or controls systems engineering within the oil and gas industry
- Possess a minimum of 5 years experience in project engineering and execution ideally within the onshore upstream oil and gas industry.
- Working knowledge of engineering design standards, construction, operations, and maintenance for the systems and equipment used in hydrocarbon processing.
- Project and operations planning principles and systems
- Have experience working in remote/hostile locations and rotational assignments.
- Be a team player, committed to building good working relationships
- Being fluent in English and having some command of French would be beneficial
If you feel you have the skills and experience to perform well in this role we want to hear from you. Please follow the link to apply and upload a copy of your latest CV for immediate consideration.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
To apply for this job please visit www.orionjobs.com.