This role is for the ACG/SD Projects Unit organization to lead delivery of brownfield projects across ACG and SD unit. The Project Engineer will work in support of the ACG and SD Squad Integration Leads and Unit Leader to ensure the Engineering, procurement, Construction and Commissioning services are delivered in line with MPcp and CBcp expectations for Optmise, Define and Execute stages.
The role will maintain the key processes to allow systematic management of the work
RESPONSIBILITIES & OBJECTIVES
Responsible for safe, efficient, and effective execution of project scope, in line with project goals and expectations, promote strong HSE performance by CLIENT and Contractor teams and uphold the CLIENT Code of Conduct.
Promote conformance to P&O Projects expectations and requirements of Safe Design and Quality Build within the CLIENT and Contractor teams.
Promote, demonstrate and drive compliance with all appropriate elements of the MPcp / CBcp, Operating Management System (OMS).
Locally facilitate CLIENT project controls processes, including Risk Management, Continuous Improvement, and Management of Change,
Track and manage technical risks, drive integrity and reliability through CLIENT processes, Ensure installation and execution risks are identified and visible in PMCS
Responsible for ensuring lessons learned are captured and shared with the P&O Projects organisation, ensuring that relevant CLIENT lessons are shared with the EPC contractor
Lead by providing direction, and support to the project engineering team and promote an effective and collaborative working environment with a ‘One Team’ approach. Deputise for others as required.
·Maintain effective coaching and mentoring to staff and team where required.
To execute the oversight activities identified in the CLIENT HSE plan
·Accountable for timely approval of queries and approval of contractor documents. Managing and tracking scope progress including assessment of Contractor variations, invoices and deliverables.
Attend subject matter weekly and monthly performance reviews with the EPC Contractors.
Support CLIENT integration across scopes with the various teams internal and external to P&O projects.
ACADEMIC / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Engineering degree (BSc in Mechanical, I/E or Industrial Engineering) or other suitable academic qualification and extensive experience
Engineering experience within major installation projects (preferred)
SKILL REQUIREMENTS & KEY BEHAVIOURS
· Exhibits understanding of CLIENT ’s MPcp engineering and construction practices and the latest international standards that assure integrity of installation & execution quality.
· Ability to intervene in critical situations in order to redirect focus and achieve the required result.
· A high level of proven communication, interpersonal and people management skills.
· Financial and commercial awareness
· Self-motivated and proactive.
· Computer literate
Safety & Quality
· Demonstrates personal commitment to achieving the highest standards of HSE and responsibility for the safety and well-being of everyone around them.
· Play a role in the promotion of an excellent HSE culture, and demonstrate CLIENT ’s commitment to achieving and maintaining the highest possible standards of HSE.
· Proven capability to develop team safety and risk management skills.
· Follows the requirements specified in OMS, and contribute to the delivery of safe, compliant and reliable operations.
· Understanding and implementation of industry QA/QC practices.
· Adheres to the Code of Conduct and to local laws and regulations.
· Pursues systematic management through standardisation, clarification and the elimination of defects.
· Follows and upholds the rules and standards of CLIENT and holds others to account for doing the same thing.
· Plans carefully, make well-informed decisions and do the right thing.
· Fosters learning, the sharing of knowledge and continuous improvement.
· Speaks out when seeing something is not right and is prepared to say “no” or “stop” when necessary.
· An outstanding team player.
· Recognizes and acknowledges the contribution of others.
· Develops trust from others by delivering on accountabilities.
Tactful and persuasive
To apply for this job please visit jobs.airswift.com.