Our client a leading Oil and Gas operator based in Aberdeen are currently recruiting for a Project Engineer to join their team on an initial contract basis. Ideally for this role they are looking for a candidate with Project Engineering experience with a facilities/construction background. As well as this preferably the suitable candidate would have Oil and Gas experience and decommissioning experience. For further information see below:
The Project Engineer (Facilities) will provide technical support to the Decommissioning Delivery Team during P&A Enabling scopes and will report to the Decommissioning Senior Project Engineer.
The Project Engineer (Facilities) will support decommissioning activities by providing guidance, assurance, and oversight of AFAs. Will act as an authority for resolving technical and engineering related issues and ensure that the Company standards are fit for purpose. The Project Engineer (Facilities) is the custodian of the engineering processes within e-work.
The Project Engineer (Facilities) assists the decommissioning delivery team to ensure decommissioning projects are executed safety and with consideration to the technical, schedule, budget, regulatory requirements, quality assurance, and governance requirements.
The Project Engineer (Facilities) shall support the Senior Project Engineer and Technical Lead to ensure projects are planned, and executed to meet the safety, environmental and decommissioning obligations of the business, and effectively manage interfaces with other business stakeholders and contractor teams supporting the work-scopes.
• Development and implementation of AFA Execution Strategies for decommissioning projects
• Driving the Fit for Purpose approach within the business and third-party contractors
• Ensure that the Contractor Technical deliverables are reviewed in a timely manner
• Ensure engineering processes in e-work are maintained and updated
• Ensure the efficient and timely execution of internal and external as-building to support closeout activities
• Responsible for coordinating Technical Queries (TQ’s), Engineering Queries (EQ’s) and Site Queries (SQ’s), ensuring the queries are directed to the relevant department / TA for efficient close-out, minimizing any delays to project progress.
• Ensures that risk and opportunities are identified and populated into the Risk and Opportunity register and Lessons Learned register.
• Close working relationship with the Decommissioning Technical Support Lead to ensure that work is resourced correctly both form a manning and competency
• Close working relationship with personnel and groups out with Decommissioning, Re-Use & Re-Purpose including Integrity, Technical Authorities and Operations.
• Provide discipline comment to AFA’s where required
• Comply with all HSE/Technical Services principles, policies, and procedures
• Review and approve engineering technical documents and drawings as necessary
• Ensure effective and timely close out of assigned Synergi and ICP actions
• Support the preparation of AFA budgets
• Manage the internal as building & closeout team and external contractors engaged in these activities
• Identify potential improvements within the business
• Ensure that contractor design is high quality (and fit for purpose) and in compliance with all applicable Codes and Standards
• Champion deviations to codes and standards
• Monitor the close-out of HSE actions on the project including Synergy actions
Budget / Cost
• Review of Contractor CTR’d and MoC
• Timely review and response to Contractor technical deliverables, Technical Queries, Site Queries in line with contract obligations
Risk and Opportunity
• Ensure platform enabling scope risk and opportunities and proactively managed and mitigated
• Coordination and review of lessons learned to implement where appropriate onto project
Procurement / Subcontract Management
• Review of Procurement specifications and ensuring specifications re fit for purpose
• Acts as technical interface between, asset team and main contractor
• Ensure interface actions are being systematically tracked and closed in a timely manner
Education Attainment & Accreditation
• Engineering qualification (degree or equivalent)
• Work experience of Major Projects in the Oil & Gas industry
Professional Skills & Experience
• Decommissioning experience in Oil and Gas, Nuclear or other industries
• Knowledge of the UK regulatory regime for Oil and Gas Decommissioning
• Knowledge of the Safety Case regulations and application to Decommissioning
• Strong technical understanding of Oil and Gas processes
• Significant experience gained in an onshore and/or offshore positions
• A good understanding of all aspects of Management of Change (MoC) particularly in the oil and gas industry
• Knowledge of the UK regulatory regime
• Strong HSE awareness
Interpersonal Skills & Qualities
• Good communications, language, and interpersonal skills
• Unwavering ethical, safety, environmental and responsibility values
• A self-starter, able to take one’s own initiative to identify and lead business improvements as required
• The ability to be decisive by making well thought through timely decisions
• Listens and respects other stakeholder perspectives
• Resilient team player
• Flexible, open-minded ability to work in a high-pressure environment and meet tight deadlines
• Ability to travel offshore desirable
To apply for this job please visit www.morson.com.
Be the first to comment