Project Engineer – Resource Center Schiedam
For one of our largest clients in the Netherlands, NESFircroft is currently looking for a project engineer.
This role sits within the PMT Function and reports to the Project Manager. As Project Engineer you will lead the implementation and the timely completion of specific tasks, in accordance with both the contractual and SBM internal requirements.
Such tasks may include Interface Management, Delivery Management, Area Management, or Change Management depending upon the size and complexity of the Project.
The Company’s main activities are the design, supply, installation and operation of Floating, Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels. These are either owned and operated by SBM Offshore and leased to its clients, or supplied on a turnkey sale bases. With an operating fleet of 14 FPSOs, two FSOs, one MOPU and one semi-submersible in operation worldwide at year end and almost 300 years of cumulative FPSO operational experience within the industry, the Company is a market leader in providing leased production floating systems.
With its statutory seat in Amsterdam in the Netherlands, SBM Offshore employee’s total 4,250 and are spread over five regional centers, 10 operational shore bases and the offshore fleet of vessels. Group companies employ over 4,750 people worldwide, which include 500 working for the joint venture construction yards.
Task & Responsibilities
In order to contribute to the team’s efficiency, you are to:
- Manage specific tasks assigned by organizing, controlling and reporting as required
- Ensure effective communication across various internal Projects’ members to allow the timely exchange of the information required to perform assigned tasks
- Ensure that delegation throughout the team enables quick and well-informed decision making while maintaining an appropriate level of control
- Support the PMT members to remain focused on Project Objectives
- In order to contribute to the project delivery as per plan, you are to:
- Cascade the Project objectives/ targets to the Project team and ensure they are well understood
- Coordinate resolution of issues
- Ensure the Management of Change process is followed
- Report on a regular basis all key information to the Project Manager
- Ensure corrective actions are in place
Education & Experience
Our ideal candidate for the role of Project Engineer has:
- at least a solid and similar experience working in the (offshore) Oil & Gas industry
- a Master degree in Engineering
- You build strong customer relationship and deliver customer-centric solutions
- You provide direction, delegate and remove obstacles to get the work done
- You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- You have good communication, planning and organizational skills
- You are fluent in English (both written and verbally)
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
To apply for this job please visit www.nesfircroft.com.