Petrofac is looking to recruit a Project Engineering Manager (Beneficiation Process of Chemical Plants) to based in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates.
What we do
Petrofac is a respected international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for the energy industries. Our comprehensive and tailored service offering covers each stage of the project life cycle and a variety of commercial models, giving our clients the flexibility they need.
Diversity & Inclusion
We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability. Petrofac is striving to develop a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can contribute. Applications are also welcomed from candidates who want to discuss flexible working or job-sharing requests.
- Project Engineering Manager with EPC experience in Beneficiation Processes of Chemical Plants
- Prior Experience with Technology Provider (TP) for example FL Smith (Beneficiation) etc preferred.
- Manage and lead the Process , HSE , Metallurgy , Mechanical , Piping , Civil , Instrumentation, Electrical and Telecommunication teams in carrying out all Engineering activities for Projects.
- Coordinate between the teams and serve as the bridge between engineering, procurement and project management teams.
- Review planning and scheduling of scope of Engineering for the project and provide inputs for the project technical document register and procurement register.
- Manage and coordinate with the Engineering disciplines’ HOD to ensure that the Engineering team lead engineers adequately address the project’s manpower requirements
- Perform regular review and monitor the engineering progress, address shortfalls, develop recovery plans where required and ensure plans made are implemented. Provide feedback to engineering discipline HODs as and when required on the progress.
- Ensure that engineering deliverables generated by the project engineering team meet the project requirements in terms of technical content and follow project specific procedures such as the engineering plan, quality plan, document numbering and levels of approval.
- Ensure participation of the engineering team members in project engineering reviews and assist resolution of any issues arising out of the same.
- Perform checks to ensure that the procurement specifications generated by the engineering team are completely in line with project specifications with no discrepancies.
- Coordinate with the procurement team on the requisitioning process and follow through for bid evaluations, approve technical bid evaluations and complete the purchase requisitioning. Participate in pre-order bid meetings with vendors from the engineering point of view. Attend initial kick-off meetings after order award and participate in vendor design reviews as required.
- Provide assistance as and when required in the strategic procurement planning.
- Attend project review meetings and ensure that associated reports are compiled and distributed accordingly.
- Manage and ensure that interface items between disciplines are addressed by the project engineering teams and seek management advice and assistance where required.
- Identify with the engineering team potential areas of variation that may arise during the course of engineering for the project and communicate the same to the project management team to ensure its nonoccurrence.
- Provide inputs to discipline HODs on areas of attention required while estimating for a proposal based on the variations encountered in the project.
- Assist the project team lead engineers in their interactions with the client counterparts as required during the project execution.
- Facilitate project as well as discipline audits.
- Act as the interface between the Engineering team and the Project Management team and ensure smooth transfer of information between the two.
- Evaluate team performance and communicate with team members on areas of excellence as well as areas of improvement
Skills & Experience:
- Typically, Minimum Bachelor Degree in Chemical / Mechanical Engineering, with 15+ years of related experience in Project Engineering for Engineering / Client organization in the Chemical Industry.
- Exposure to FEED/ Detailed Design and EPC projects.
- Knowledge of international equipment specifications and codes.
- In depth knowledge of standard international specifications and codes.
- Knowledge of Safety and Quality procedures. Activity Scheduling and discipline work priorities.
Closing Date: 28th August 2022
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.