- Vacancy information
Seaway 7 is a global leader in the delivery of bottom-fixed offshore wind farm solutions, committed to contributing to an efficient and sustainable energy supply for the future. As a competent and experienced partner, Seaway 7 offers specialist foundation, offshore substation, submarine cable and wind turbine installation services and heavy transportation for the renewables sector.
With capabilities and an extensive expertise in project management, engineering, procurement and fabrication, Seaway 7 can deliver these services in a comprehensive array of contractual structures including Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Installation (EPCI), (integrated) Transportation & Installation (T&I) and Balance of Plant (BoP) to our clients in the offshore wind industry.
Our people are at the heart of our business and are the key to our success. Together we operate a high-end fleet with enabling capabilities and scale, allowing efficient worldwide operations, while providing vessel flexibility and optionality to clients. The active fleet comprises ten vessels with two more high-specification assets, designed for the installation of next generation of wind turbine generators and foundations, under construction.
Seaway7 is currently building two firm vessels (AlphaLift and Ventus) to be part of our growing fleet of construction vessels focusing on bottom fixed offshore wind.
We are now looking for Project Engineers to join our engineering team at our HQ office in Oslo. As a Project Engineer you will contributing to both planning and execution of existing and future projects, and be part of a highly motivated and skilled team. Some of our current projects are Doggerbank A, B and C, where we have been selected as Transportation and Installation Contractor of the monopile foundations and transition pieces.
The Project Installation Engineer needs to fit into our team with skills in both technical project management, offshore installation / marine operations and preferably knowledge within structural/mechanical engineering, naval architecture and/or geotechnical engineering.
- Method statements and risk assessments
- Lift plans
- Vessel operation procedures
- Vessel layout drawings and lifting assessments
- Equipment and Fabrication / Procurement packages follow-up
- Patent application follow-up
- Client document review
- Interface management
- Prepare, facilitate and follow up on design and operational risk workshops
- Prepare or provide input to time schedules and budgets
- Liaise with internal engineering and marine operation specialists
- Coordinate engineering consultants and fabrication/mobilization sub-contractors
- Lead planning and execution of vessel mobilizations
- Ensure high quality and efficiency in own and sub-contracted work
- Participating in technical meeting with clients
- Identifying engineering issues and risks to be addressed
- Travel to client, subcontractors, and vessels or work sites worldwide
- Offshore and site work as required
A higher technical education in structural, geotechnical or mechanical engineering, marine technology, naval architecture or similar at BSc or MSc level.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
We are looking for candidates who possess the following skills and experiences:
- Offshore installation engineering background with minimum 5 years of experience.
- Preferably knowledge of cranes and lifting operations
- Relevant working experience for the role described
- Engineering skills: understanding of design and manufacturing of steel structures as well as marine operations, vessel strength calculations, technical drawings and lifting operations.
- Required Engineering Software skills:
- Computer skills within Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word), and Microsoft Teams.
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Competence in one or more of the following Engineering Software is an advantage:
- ABB Octopus or similar motion calculation software.
- Autodesk Inventor
- Visual Basic for Microsoft Office
- Autoship/Autoload or similar stability calculation software.
- Fluent in english
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, committed, solution seeker able to work both independently as well as take a leading role within a team. At Seaway7, we are performance- and interest-based, and flexible in taking other responsibilities and interface with other departments.
You must have the curiosity and interest to actively deliver the best solution for the team and our clients. We are looking for a person who is innovative, yet rational and able to focus on workable solutions.
This Role Profile outlines the main areas of responsibility; however the role holder may be required to perform any other necessary duties within their experience and capabilities from time to time.
Seaway 7 are committed to creating a diverse workforce and we look to offer excellent career opportunities as you develop your skills and aspirations.
Along with a wide range of benefits and a flexible working environment, employees can further enhance their work-life balance through our Remote Working Policy.
To apply for this job please visit careers.subsea7.com.