Job Opportunity: Project Manager
Our client works with the largest operators in the most demanding and hazardous industries, where reliable and robust safety systems are absolutely critical for the protection of personnel, plant and the environment.
They have 20 years’ experience in industry, where ensuring the safety of workers and the asset is paramount. They support customers within the following sectors, Renewables, Marine, Oil and Gas, Energy, Industrial and Tunnelling.
What does your day look like?
• Your role within the company is a key Managerial role reporting directly to the Managing Director.
• You will be providing technical support for all technical matters within the company.
• As a manager you will be responsible for the leadership of key staff and apprentices.
• Whilst the role would be mainly office based in Manchester, there would be requirements to go to site in the UK and in some instances abroad (Europe).
• The role would also require you to be responsible for the delivery of all technical aspects of projects, but also support project management tasks required to ensure the company maintains the project deliverables.
What do you need to be great at this role?
• An Engineering degree
• A strong background in field control engineering or Electrical and ideally have an appreciation of safety related projects.
• Strong documentation skills, with a capability of designing an excellent standard of FDS, SDS, FAT and SAT documents.
• An excellent people-manager who can demonstrate effective leadership in a calm and professional manner.
• A strong teamwork mentality and be willing to provide support and guidance to the team to help them improve their performance.
• Be committed to ensuring that any projects are technically and administratively supported, which would involve having a pro-active approach to answering a reasonable level of emails/telephone calls inside and outside of working hours.
• The role also requires that the individual is capable of gaining security clearance to work within secure marine applications (SC Clearance).
• A full UK driving license.
• Fire detection experience
• A capability of designing electrical control panels and schematics would be advantageous, as well as having some experience with networking and Cyber Security compliance to ISO27001.
If you’re looking for your next challenge and the opportunity to work in the Offshore Wind/Renewable Energy industry, hit apply now!
We look forward to your application.
To apply for this job please visit www.morson.com.
Be the first to comment