Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Project Manager, based in Aberdeen.
* Set up and monitor project budgets. Provide revenue and cost advice to include relevant cost accruals as applicable. Participate or directly engage in forecasting of project revenue and cost.
* Develop and maintain resource-loaded project schedule with detailed work breakdown structure (WBS).
* Day to day management of assigned projects and project teams, including the planning of project operations and the supervision of operational personnel on site including the review of procedures, staffing requirements and allocation of available resources to various phases of the project to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget.
* Daily liaison on projects and systems to identify any issues and ensure project is running as planned.
* Finding solutions where required to mitigate downtime or project delays that impact the client business or profitability rates of the project.
* Assist customers in preparation of design ideas and specifications.
* As appropriate, coordinate with Operations Lead and Sales/Commercials personnel in the development of Bids and Proposals. This could involve partaking in presentations and assisting with marketing activities.
* Review and approve quality plans and technical procedures. If required, create procedures for subsea projects.
* Establish work plan and staffing for each phase of project and provide personnel requirements to Operations. This involves outlining the work plans and assigning duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority to staff.
* Review status reports and adjust schedules or plans as required.
* Review and approve documents related to meeting customer specifications including project invoices and issues related to these.
* Oversee the generation of requisitions not related to general Repair and Maintenance and review/approve requisite supplier invoices.
* In conjunction with Technical Support, confer with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
* Maintain training requirements as directed by management.
* Work closely with the Commercial Department on the review of ITTs and Bid submission to ensure properly defined scope of work, technical competencies and equipment required. Must have a detailed knowledge of work scope, terms and conditions and pricing.
* Implementation of HSE Management Systems and compliance with local regulations and preparation.
* Verify System compliance with all Technical, Operational, and HSE Bulletins.
* Preparation of project reports, forecasts, variance explanations and other financial or technical reports as required by management, clients or other stakeholders.
Experience & Qualifications:
* BSc in Engineering or equivalent experience with significant years Project Management experience and/or training.
* Must hold/maintain a valid passport and be able to obtain visas for international travel
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
* Extensive working knowledge of Primavera and/or Microsoft Project
* Ability to learn and navigate in PeopleSoft or similar enterprise management software, AutoCAD®, SolidWorks, Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
* Relevant experience with vessels, Plug & Abandonment, decommissioning, well intervention, subsea systems, IMR and engineered solutions.
* Offshore / oilfield operational experience (preferred)
* PMP Certification or equivalent (preferred)
* MSc in Engineering and/or Business Management (preferred)
* Offshore/oilfield operational experienced (preferred)
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/062836.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
To apply for this job please visit www.orionjobs.com.