Creative Solutions is Shell’s internal team for integrated content creation, experiential and sponsorship activations for the Shell Group. We are responsible for creating a wide range of world-class integrated branded marketing materials, communication, campaign, content and events which combine photography, film, digital, social, design, presentation and print assets. We strive for effective, standout creativity in everything we do, by being at the forefront of new and innovative developments in the disciplines we cover.
Our dynamic team of 100+ communications professionals are located across nine locations: Calgary, Houston, London, The Hague, Krakow, Doha, Kuala Lumpur, Manila and Beijing. We execute our work through a mix of in-house expertise and experienced communications project managers who deliver projects via a roster of curated agencies. Our in-house offer includes:
• An internal film unit which produces documentary style, long form and short form digital and social content.
• Photography team to manage Shell photographic assets, creative production and compliance
• Design discipline looking after Shell integrated campaign delivery – Over 1000 projects delivered in total in 2020
• 20+ Experiential project managers who deliver 250+ events annually, including incentive driven, proprietary and industry-led events and exhibitions, plus a new virtual event offer.
• Sponsorship expertise for motorsports and other branded sponsorship activations.
• A mix of roles to enable success, notably account managers as single focal points for Shell businesses, delivery managers to coordinate our traffic flow, deep channel subject matter experts and campaign project managers.
You get to be the Experiential Project Manager for Shell in APAC, a regional role that helps drive inspiring, effective and cost-efficient human2human engagements which build and leverage Shell’s single most valuable asset, the Shell Brand. You will be part of a dynamic global community of experiential project managers.
The world is changing fast and Shell is changing too – not only to keep up with the external pace, but also to anticipate and shape a different future. The new integrated Corporate Relations function will deliver value by supporting our strategy and sectoral approach and improving policy and advocacy outcomes. We will bring the outside in and secure and drive Shell’s reputation and values. Drawing on a strong base of professional excellence, we aspire to be best-in-class at achieving integrated outcomes through effective engagement and communication with external and internal stakeholders.
Where you fit in:
As Shell pursues its ambitions towards net zero emissions, the role of the Shell brand will be even more important in continuing to build trust, loyalty and credibility among our employees, customers, business partners and stakeholders. Experiential and communication specialists will serve a fundamental role as we develop and deliver award-winning, inspiring and seamless creative events for Shell businesses to communicate their business goals and activities.
What’s the role?
As the Project Manager – Experiential, you will deliver projects within the experiential discipline which executes a programme of physical, virtual and hybrid events and experiences within APAC. This includes a mix of Shell-owned and industry-led events, such as public festivals, business conferences, incentives, tradeshows, exhibitions and hospitality programmes. It also includes a virtual experiential offer combining innovative online platforms with compelling creative content.
Your role will include:
- Strongly supporting the Experiential Lead for APAC in the execution of Shell’s experiential programmes. Uses data and external trends to constantly benchmark and refresh our approach to deliver innovative, engaging and cost-effective events which differentiate the Shell brand;
- Responsible for delivering effective and brand compliant events and experiences for various businesses and functions. Drives end-to-end project management of multiple concurrent event projects, from initial creative concept through to planning and execution. Upholds set event standards including Shell’s health, safety and security, contracts and procurement, data privacy, and brand and visual identity guidelines;
- Liaising with stakeholders across Shell businesses and functions to understand their business goals, translating these into robust event briefs and working closely with a roster of curated agencies and vendors such as venues, AV providers and production houses to deliver the highest standard of event delivery.
- You will need to work in either US and/or SG time zone.
What we need from you:
- Learner Mindset – role model curiosity and reflection; encourage people to learn from mistakes and successes;
- Maximize performance – integrate and collaborate across boundaries to maximize commercial value for Shell as a whole.
- As the CSPM for Experiential, your significant knowledge on event production excellence combined with solid experience in managing internal and external partners will enable Creative Solutions to deliver highly effective events and experiences;
- Extensive experience in managing industry-owned and company-owned events (virtual, F2F or hybrid) ranging in complexity and scale, across the region. Experience gained either from in-house, large international company and/or in an agency;
- Experiential management, goal setting and ensuring on target delivery of a broad range of experiential projects and formats. Strong track record of successful end-to-end delivery from briefing and conceptualization through to onsite/online management, execution and evaluation;
- Stakeholder management skills to engage and influence internal and external partners driving best-in-class content, activation and amplification;
- Budget management delivering cost savings and avoidance influenced by enterprise first behaviors;
- HSSE champion and ability to manage high-risk contracts and projects.
We are keen to support flexible working arrangements, subject to local regulations and legislative frameworks. If this is of interest to you, please describe in your application the type of flexible working arrangements for which you would like to be considered (e.g. part-time, job share).
To apply for this job please visit jobs.shell.com.