Our valued client, a large Oil & Gas company are seeking an experienced Project Manager (Leak Detection) to join their Edmonton team on a long term contract basis.
Primary accountability is to manage complex technical projects valued up to $1MM focused on the enhancement and integration of the clients leak Detection systems. This position will facilitate the development of technical solutions with key project stakeholders and ensure best practice change management procedures are followed when new systems are modified or deployed.
- Performs fulltime project management activity for multiple projects ranging in scope and cost up to $1MM. Proactively manages scope, cost, schedule and risk to ensure maximum value is delivered to stakeholders while minimizing cost and optimizing schedules.
- Work directly with a team of Leak Detection SME’s to ensure LD scope is proactively managed.
- Executes projects in accordance to the established PMO standards following both standard PMBOK Waterfall and newer Agile methods where appropriate.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of Leak Detection best practices and standards, as well as control and operating procedures.
- Facilitates project execution and identification of solutions between Leak Detection SME’s and external stakeholders including IT, Pipeline Control Systems, Control Centre and field operations.
- Collaborates with operations and the control centre to schedule project work to minimize impact to pipeline operations.
- Provides directed, well defined project status updates, supplemented with documentation, scheduling, budgeting, and ongoing project analysis. Presents analysis to Sr. Manager and to Sr. Director as required.
- Implements change management process, procedures and tools to ensure that deployment is seamless and that critical systems are not disrupted.
- Execute processes to safely transition project deliverables to Operations.
- Develops business cases and benefits realization for new projects and operational initiatives Perform continuous evaluation of internal processes to ensure efficient and priority based execution of related projects; identify and propose process improvements as required.
- Facilitate successful resolution of outstanding concerns or issues within projects by involving regional management and Sr. Manager as appropriate.
- Review and approve project deliverables and enforce processes and standards.
- Initiate, support, and develop strategies for continuing process improvement initiatives within the Leak Detection department Show capacity for balancing priorities, constraints and objectives of multiple simultaneous projects.
- Applies senior level project and organizational knowledge, leadership and active facilitation to enable effective execution of project activities.
- Support Service Recipient’s execution engineers as necessary with the development of the following leak detection deliverables:
· Primary leak detection systems
· Interpretation of pipeline schematics (based on facility and mainline design) o Secondary leak detection systems o Complimentary leak detection systems (internal or external leak detection systems) o Operator trainers o Hydraulic simulators o Geo tool runs o Performance testing o Project gate reviews o Alternate leak detection plan review o Ready-to-Operate (RTO) start up and tuning
- The role requires accountability for multiple projects up to $1 million dollars and typically one year duration.
- Ensure project delivery efficiency:
· Work collaboratively with supervisors, managers, and other project managers o Conduct root-cause analysis on projects and project issues
· Analyze statistical information to determine gaps/deficiencies and find opportunities for efficiency gains • Provide timely and accurate status reports as required for the whole duration of the project
Primary Internal Relationships:
- Peer project coordinators and managers, o Leak Detection Subject Matter Experts, Control Systems and SCADA SME’s as required.
- Control Centre clients, Engineering, Measurement department’s representatives and other stakeholders.
- Liquids Pipelines and Major Project Execution Teams External relationships:
- Third party vendors and consultants as required
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in Engineering from a recognized post-secondary institution
- An equivalent combination of education and experience, such as with a Registered Engineering Technologist or similar accreditation may be accepted
- Eligible to register as a P. Eng. in the Province of Alberta is an asset
- Project Management Professional (PMP) is an asset.
- 5 – 10 years of progressive project management experience, depending on technical education, accreditations and competency development
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Well-developed problem solving, decision-making, organization, planning and leadership skills
- A collaborative, team and service oriented work style
- Motivated self-starter that works well independently and in fast paced team environments
- Committed to continuous technical learning and personal development
- Ability to travel and manage projects throughout Canada and the United States
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
To apply for this job please visit www.nesfircroft.com.