Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Project Manager (Non-Ops), based in Aberdeen
A member of the Operations Team, acting on behalf of the Company in a Non-Operated environment, the role will be accountable for safe and successful delivery of Capital Project(s) within the Company Portfolio.
High profile and of significant strategic importance to the Company, the Project(s) form a major part of the Company asset portfolio. The role will be expected to work closely on a day to day basis with Joint Venture partners, building relationships and influencing to ensure that the objectives and goals of the Company are delivered.
As leader of the Project(s) from a Company perspective, the role will be expected to work closely and collaboratively, coordinating with internal Company supporting functions such as cost, planning, facilities, operations, subsea, drilling, subsurface, commercial and legal, ensuring all aspects of the Project(s) scope have adequate oversight and involvement.
Development & Technical Services Manager
Roles and Responsibilities
* Day to day management and delivery of Capital Projects, ensuring accurate and timely status reporting of progress and risks to successfully on time safe delivery
* Monitoring of Project integrated Schedules and progress reports to ensure timely delivery of full Project work scope with early identification of areas for concern
* Monitoring of Budgets and Cost Reports with early identification of areas for concern
* Development of timely internal Project Reporting
* Development and maturing of Project scope through the internal Project approval Stage Gate Process
* Identification and management of Project risks, opportunities with mitigation plans and measures
* Identification and development and implementation of Strategic Influencing plans
* Interfacing and coordinating with internal support functions to ensure appropriate level of monitoring, support and oversight of Project scope
* Working closely on a day to day basis, shadowing the activities of the Operators Project Team, ensuring Company investments are being protected and delivered
* Providing support to company on other business areas including Decommissioning scope and involvement and attendance at Gate and Peer Reviews.
Key knowledge and experience
* Technical knowledge related to the project(s)
* The ability to monitor and control budgets
* Ability to influence, identifying strategic opportunities to enhance Project(s) outturns and delivery
* Demonstratable previous experience in the successful delivery of mega Capital Projects, specifically offshore Oil & Gas
* Demonstratable previous experience working within a Non-Operated environment
* The ability to use initiative and make decisions under pressure
* Good communication and negotiation skills, to manage expectations
* Excellent organisation skills, to plan the use of people and resources to meet deadlines
* Strong interpersonal skills, to motivate and lead
Education and Qualifications
* A recognised qualification in Project Management is preferred
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference PR/039779
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
To apply for this job please visit www.orionjobs.com.