Project Manager – Structural
The Project Manager is responsible for the administrative and technical management of a construction project. The Manager functions as the point person for the project and steers the project forward. Successful candidates will be able to share their passion for and dedication to getting the job done.
- Supervise all activities related to contract administration, change orders, submittals, procurement, and schedule
- Have thorough knowledge of company’s contracts and understanding of all parties involved
- Knowledge and experience around structural repair and improvement projects for existing facilities.
- Schedule and facilitate all project meetings required to successfully coordinate work activity
- Supervise and manage project team members
- Have thorough knowledge of all major project issues and priorities; prepare and submit monthly job status reports
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with counterparts at owner and engineering firms
- Analyze drawings, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and labor estimate for projects
- Perform risk and contract management responsibilities as required on bids
- Review total estimate to ensure accuracy and completeness prior to formal quotation
- Monitor comparison of estimated costs to actual costs
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, construction management or related degree preferred
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications
- Applicant must be familiar with both conceptual and self-perform estimating
- Structures/paving/drainage/earthwork/foundation expertise highly preferred
- 7+ years construction experience required; working for a general contractor on large scale construction highly preferred.
- Experience managing projects successfully from start to finish
- Skilled at developing relationships with owners and subcontractors
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast paced environment
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
To apply for this job please visit www.nesfircroft.com.