Project Offshore Interface Coordinator
12 Month Contract
Inside of IR35
2 weeks on and 2 weeks off
Purpose of Role:
• A member of the Project team, responsible for providing support to the offshore execution team, specifically focused on the J-Area Project Integrated Planning Process, identification and quantifying Operations support requirements, awareness of SIMOPS between Operations and Project activities, and generation of technical job preparation.
• Support the Delivery Team Lead and Project Management Team in executing the T6 plan. This includes acting as the interface to the onshore Operations and platform planning resources.
• Driving compliance with legislation and policy processes Procedures and Life Saving Rules.
• Preparation of work for all Project construction and commissioning scopes including but not limited to permit preparation, resources (including enablers), work orders incl. tasks/scheduling, materials, equipment/tools etc.
• Ensuring that all Project construction and commissioning activities are carried out in a safe manner complying with all regulatory requirements, legislation and HSES Procedures.
• Drive improvements in standards, safety and environmental performance & promote a strong Safety Culture.
• Has a responsibility to set the standard(s) & ensure that work is completed in the correct manner.
• Develop robust relationships with peers onshore & offshore.
• Actively participate as a safety leader in safety and environmental critical activity using appropriate tools (Safety Observations, Field Verification etc.).
• Participate / lead Incident / NM investigations, RCAs to identify root causes and implement actions to prevent re-occurrence.
• Support PIMS completions management including readiness for handover to Operations and start-up of Project scopes.
Areas of Accountability, Responsibility and Competence:
• Preparation of Project work scopes including but not limited to permit preparation, resources (including enablers), work orders incl. scheduling, materials, equipment/tools etc.
• Challenge deviation from process, particularly IAPS Gate Criteria, to avoid change and associated inefficient working, leading to improved safe execution.
• Working closely with offshore DTLs, OCS, Ops Team Leads, supervisors and technicians to create and deliver an executable schedule, ensuring that all enablers are in place and highlight when threats occur.
• Working closely with the onshore Operations & Project planning team in delivering work scopes through to execution, subsequent after-action review, and close out, in the preparation and co-ordination of Project scheduling support.
• Liaise with Project Onshore Operations Focal Point regarding maintaining planning gate readiness.
Developing & Maintaining Schedules
• Confirms plant status required for work execution, material delivery date, resource availability and any external or production constraints when scheduling a work order in line with Project execution plan.
• Assesses Work Criticality against performance standards and business plan.
• Ensures that Project work orders are correctly scheduled and resource loaded, highlighting to PMT where prioritisation decisions are required.
• Develops the 6-week schedule window, providing a reliable scheduling service to the offshore organisation, accounting for: resource availability and lead times, planned equipment outages and known constraints, e.g. POB.
• Creates pre-reads for the PMT review ahead of the offshore weekly review with the combined offshore and onshore team of the 6week plan.
• Manage Project work order progressing and close-out through all phases of delivery to ensure alignment with IAPS planning requirements.
• Monitors work readiness, ensuring adherence to gate criteria and highlighting deviations and escalating issues to the PMT.
• Facilitates reviews, updates schedule and follows up on actions based on decisions made.
• Support close-out of offshore construction work packs and commissioning / handover dossiers particularly around completions management and verification.
Communications / People Focus
• Co-ordinating with Plan Stakeholders, e.g. Project PMT, Materials, Logistics, Construction, Commissioning, Operations and offshore services team to identify support requirements for optimised execution of associated work scopes.
• Ensuring the impact of scope addition or growth is incorporated, understood, communicated and recorded.
• Provide data to support decision making within the Project team, including lookback information and ‘actual’ data to support lessons learned and improved plan attainment and delivery of construction and commissioning scopes.
• Any other reasonable duty as per instruction by your manager.
Critical Skills, Qualifications, Experience, etc.:
• Have a recognised engineering qualifications related to Process, Electrical, Instruments or Mechanical (OND/ONC/HNC/HND/Degree).
• Time in an offshore Operations or Maintenance role would be an advantage.
• Proven experience within the Oil and Gas or Petrochemical Industries.
• Overall understanding of entire value chain including projects, subsurface, HSE, logistics, procurement, design/construction, operation, maintenance/inspection
• System Expert in CMMS including Maximo and SAP. A sound understanding of purchasing, material tracking and returns process.
• Be a leader through demonstration of positive leadership and people skills, lead by example.
• Able to mediate / facilitate and collaborate across a broad spectrum of groups to deliver a timely fit for purpose solution.
• Experience in facilitate planning reviews with multiple stakeholders – resolving conflict as required, promoting solutions and achieve alignment. Holding activity owners to account related to the plan.
• Competent in use of Primavera in Industrial Maintenance or Operational Planning environment
• Proficient in use of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems i.e. Maximo
• Strong communication, collaboration with stakeholders / vendors and well-developed team-working skills.
• Safety leadership advocate.
• Be proactive, use initiative, self-driven and result orientated.
• Role models and promotes & Behaviours.
• Effective problem solver who seeks solutions in line with our values.
• Verified experience in operational and maintenance scheduling, using project management systems in hydrocarbon or similar process industry.
• Ability to positively impact operating performance and the delivery of bottom-line contribution.
• Able to drive continuous improvement, to instigate change and make it happen.
• Interprets data to identify trends and understanding of underlying issues.
• Strong skills for conceptualising and analysing priorities and plan conflicts.
Who we are
First Recruitment Group are committed to finding the right candidates for our clients, and the right companies for our candidates to work for. We’re passionate about putting people first, and take pride in being able to offer an all-round service for candidates and clients with our payroll solution, Primis and workforce management solution, Operam.
As part of putting people first, we strive to be an equal opportunities employer and we are always looking to increase the diversity of our workforce, working closely with our clients to ensure everyone is included.
To apply for this job please visit www.firstrecruitmentgroup.com.