- Vacancy information
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The SCM Specialist is responsible for the operational implementation of one or more elements of the SCM strategy to their defined business area. The SCM specialist will be responsible for developing and implementing their own local plans and ongoing improvements to support the global SCM aims, and to contribute to a highly efficient, cost driven Supply Chain function.
All personnel are expected to contribute to creating a positive HSEQ culture within Subsea 7 and ensure familiarity with and adherence to local HSEQ codes and practices.
Specific Key Responsibilities & Activities
- Ensure compliance with all Supply Chain policies, process and procedures
- Proactively contribute to the company’s definition of SCM strategies and goals and the achievement of these
- Contribute the selection, management and monitoring of Vendors
- Implementation and run a weekly the project procurement plan meeting
- Assist with the implementation and conduct of the operational elements of the Supply Chain strategy and support the local SCM specific activities
- Prepare Request for Quotations for goods, materials and services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
- Prepare bid comparisons and evaluate quotations, negotiate with suppliers, place purchase orders.
- Organize KOM and attend PPM with Vendors
- Follow up the weekly progress of fabricated items
- Expedite orders and ensure all paperwork are received on time
- Notify yards of incoming shipments
- Expedite invoices and close out of projects in timely manner
- Responsible for managing procurement budget and provide monthly cost reports
- Deliver briefs, updates and reports as and when required
- Participate in the evaluation of the vendors and provide lessons learned to the project management team
- Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement
- Negotiate contracts, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers
- Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible
- Ensure SCM capitalizes on lessons learned and ensures work is performed in accordance with best practice, strives to mitigate risk, promotes safety and integrity consistently
- Operate within the Business Code of Conduct
- Operate according to Subsea 7’s Management Principles
- For level of authority see ‘Expenditure and Authorisation Specification’
KEY QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Candidate must have about 3 to 5 years of experience maximum in the Upstream Oil & Gas Industry and Supply Chain Management
- Appropriate experience in procurement of fabricated items or Installation Aids, most recently in an expert capacity
Multi-tasking, flexibility, self-management and team spirit is desirable
To apply for this job please visit careers.subsea7.com.