Reporting to the Head of Business Development & Marketing, the Proposal Engineer is responsible for managing and co-ordinating the preparation and issue of bid prequalification information and project proposals/ bids in line with the Proposals Process. Primarily this is for all bids other than for identified CLIENT accounts which will be managed by the Sales and Marketing Executive.
The Proposal Engineer also supports the sales team activities with responsibility for updating and maintaining the sales support systems: VTiger client database, master proposal register, NDA/ confidentiality register; and sales team internal meeting reports.
Project Sales Development (non-allocated clients)
- With necessary guidance from Head of Business Development & Marketing, respond to requests for prequalification information
- Review CLIENT’s profiles on any industry or client supplier databases, e.g. Achilles, Catch, to ensure that any information on the site is up to date and reflects CLIENT’s capabilities (at least annually).
- Review proposal enquiry documents to fully understand the client scope requirements and communicate them to the bid/ proposal team
- Monitor and manage the progress by the bid team of their initial assessment of the technical, financial and schedule associated with a proposal, to ensure it meets with the response deadline
- Undertake Bid/ No Bid assessments, or ensure these have been done, to identify bid specific requirements before progressing proposals
- Organise a bid kick off meeting with the selected team, share the enquiry documents and agree an approach and bid plan in accordance with the bid management process
- Responsibility for managing/ co-ordinating the technical team’s proposal contribution: scope description, deliverables and manhour/ costs, in time for management review and client submission. Use network analysis diagrams, other tools, or senior management input to ensure the technical team understand the scope of delivery
- Preparation, review and issue of proposal documents using the appropriate CLIENT sector focused templates in a timely manner to comply with internal CLIENT review and QMS approval processes, and Client requirements
- Clearly define the Scope of Work and Services offered to the Customer and identify any clarifications or exemptions to the Customer’s enquiry
- Once completed and signed off, ensure the approved BMS is handed over to the QA team
- Liaise with clients to respond to proposal/ bid clarifications, follow-up on submitted proposals and review compliance of received purchase orders with the proposal
- Update VTiger CRM at least weekly with noteworthy information: calls, contact details, visits, opportunities, proposals and follow up actions
- Work with the Quality System Coordinator to audit the Bid Management Process and make improvement recommendations to the Head of Business Development & Marketing
- Work with others in the Sales team and review customer feedback on submitted proposals to continually look for better ways to represent CLIENT in our proposals and increase the win ratio of proposals
- Maintain the sales tools with latest data: VTiger, Master Proposal Register
- Record numbers of, values, and success of project proposals issued and provide as input to the Sales team reports
- Coordinate sales team meetings (include wider audience as required) by managing diaries, organise presentation inputs, issue pre-read material and document/ distribute meeting minutes/ actions
- Ensure the Client Charge Rate Books, Staff and Contractor costs are up to date with current contractual prices
- Complete additional sales support activities as may become necessary, ensuring effective operation of the sales and marketing function. This may include, supporting the Sales & Marketing Executive in the preparation and issue of “allocated client” project proposals/ bids and the preparation and delivery of quotations in relation to the provision/ extension of resourcing assignments.
- Support the Sales team with the production of sales and marketing material
- Lead the activity to ensure there is a regular (target 2 weekly) social media post on Linked-In relating to CLIENT’s work or contribution industry/ people development. These posts should positively support CLIENT’s profile in the chosen target industry sectors of Energy, Oil and Gas, Chemicals, Waste to Products, Renewables. Sales and Marketing Executive and Head of Business Development & Marketing to review before posting
- Attend events (on-line and face to face) to build greater awareness of market trends, and technical developments relevant to CLIENT’s development of new or enhanced service offering and promote CLIENT’s services to potential clients
- Contribute to the development of the sales and marketing strategy through increased market awareness
- Ensure technical case studies of completed work, selected by the Sales team, are prepared to support CLIENT marketing and publicity.
To apply for this job please visit www.firstrecruitmentgroup.com.