Job Title: PSA Business Enablement Manager (GSO)
Closing Date: 22 March 2023
EBU: Gas Sourcing & Ops
City / Town:
Short Description/ Purpose of Job
This role ensures all decision analysis activities are conducted timeously and at an appropriate level of quality to manage the highest value commercial and business constructs for the monetization and evacuation of the PSA Oil, Gas and LPG products.
It also supports the integration of activities from the project team with the varied disciplines which feed into and provide support to the Asset to the business required to achieve effectiveness and efficiency, the contracted business objectives.
Recruitment Description/ Key Accountabilities
- Responsible for defining and implementing business cases for oil evacuation: Ensure that the PSA product streams contribution is maximised through management of all decision analysis activities to propose and execute the appropriate oil evacuation and sale agreements
- Responsible for defining and implementing business cases for LPG evacuation : Ensure that the PSA LPG value chain contribution is maximised through the management of the sale and evacuation to the designated off-taker in Mozambique.
- Manage the impacts of the breakeven pricing for LPG production and the associated potential value trade-offs available.
- Responsible for defining and implementing business cases for gas monetisation in Mozambique and SA : Ensure that the PSA gas value chain contribution is maximised through management of all decision analysis activities for the sale and evacuation of gas in Mozambique and SA.
- Business planning, business analysis and concept creation for the Asset: Integrate multiple inputs from the asset, from business support (commercial, legal, marketing ) to technical support (facilities, subsurface, etc.), operations (production, maintenance, technical, services) and projects, with the ultimate objective of supporting the development of the Asset Business Plan and the Asset Reference Plan.
- Stakeholder Relationship Management: Internal and external License Management: support with messaging with Partners and Mozambique Government structures (both ad hoc and formal arrangements such as the quarterly meetings). Evaluate and understand the drivers of key internal and external stakeholders and formulate strategies to secure buy-in, within a set project and business framework.
- Reporting and Process Management Execution: Draft Quarterly Exco, Board reports, TCM/OCM/MCM Quarterly and any additional requirements. Draft and review business cases as required to enable execution of business deliverables and projects. Follow the business calendar (GSO) and deliver all Asset specific submissions both within the required timeframe and level of quality expected. Understanding and managing Asset reporting requirements, to ensure and facilitate an integrated deliverable for sign off by Asset Manager before final distribution.
- Project Management and Coordination: Project manage special projects and activities as required by the Asset. Perform active part in the framing of different initiatives. Intervene in projects and activities as requested by the Senior Manager Business. Provide additional support to the Senior Managers in the Asset, in alignment with the Senior Manager Business
- Leadership and Growth Results: Actively transmit and repeat the vision, themes, values and approaches required in the business by the Asset. Continuously strives for personal growth and development in the context of building a broad experience.
- Additional Requirements of the Position: Ensure correct capturing of business decisions, actions and impacting side issues by having an intimate working knowledge of salient business objectives. Promote the keeping of record of all-important Asset business, to ensure a clear audit trail on all key decisions and business initiatives. Follow up on required actions/expectations, to ensure progress achieved and all targets are met on time, within budget.
Planning / Organizing / Integrating
Major Challenges/Problem Solving
Understanding of an integrated team’s inputs and requirements. Application and interpretation of company standards, policies and processes. Knowledge and working understanding of all Asset service offerings and the applicability of these, in line with the business requirements. Recommendations to Senior Manager Business and Senior Managers based on observations and analysis by self and associated work teams.
Communication skills to persuade and ensure internal alignment.
Intimate knowledge of the Asset business to ensure effective stakeholder management is carried out with measured relevance.
Multiple interfaces, across all units and disciplines, specifically pertaining to the Mozambique environment. Day-to-day, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual planning required. Planning and reviewing plans by others are a critical skill requirement.
Multiple clients: Internal – Senior Managers GSO and Functions; Sasol Energy.
External – Mozambique Regulators (INP) and national oil company (ENH), as well as the PPA UJV Partners (IFC and CMH).
Measured according to quality of outputs, and schedule.
This position will be required to fill the Asset Lead role on Asset Projects and work initiatives on an ‘as needed’ basis. Accountable (Prime) to ensure all Project work is completed within schedule and on budget
“Relationships / Contacts / Communication
External: Mozambique Regulators (INP) and National Oil Company (ENH), Partners (IFC, CMH). In accordance with duties pertaining to the PPA JOA, and PPA & PSA and Area A Licenses, on a quarterly basis.
Internal: VP Global Upstream and Operations, VP Country Management and Senior Managers in the Mozambique Assets. All functional managers. Line Manager – on a daily base. Senior Managers and others – Daily/Weekly.
BU SH&E HOD, Commercial HOD, Economics HOD, Contracts HOD, Drilling HOD, Facilities HOD, Subsurface HOD, T&OS Representatives, PSA Development Manager, HR Representatives, Operations HOD, amongst others. In accordance with duties pertaining to the Assets business, to ensure all goals are achieved. This is done on a daily/weekly basis.
Relevant Bachelors (Hons) Degree (Engineering, Science, Economics or BComm or equivalent) as a minimum.
Additional qualifications : MBA or qualification in Project Management would be an advantage.
Certification & Professional Membership
The creation and maintenance of effective networks (internal and external) to ensure Asset business runs smoothly.
Working understanding of commercial law, specifically with regards to the application of the agreements (PPA JOA, PPA License, PSA License) pertaining to assets in Mozambique.
Clear understanding of what each group’s function is and how best to integrate the multiple inputs, from both a business support (commercial, legal, etc.) to technical support (facilities, subsurface, etc.).
Working knowledge of the IEPMS structure, and how to apply it to the business.
Good communication and leadership skill sets;
Proactive and highly organized, with a keen focus on time and quality management.
Requirements analysis; solution-based approach.
Understand each Asset’s projects and initiatives, in order to ensure the output is in line with overall Mozambique strategy and expectations.
Knowledge of Sasol business processes, policies and procedures.
Ability to build credibility, respect and relations with relevant stakeholders.
A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in Upstream Industry, in business planning and Management
Business Leadership: Demonstrates commercial acumen, a global mind-set and exercises sound judgement. Achieves results through others and holds them accountable.
Partnership Leadership: Persuades and influences stakeholders; builds relationships and partnerships for win-win outcomes. Builds teams and creates synergies through working across boundaries.
People Leadership: Authentically and inclusively engages people to follow; leads culture transformation. Builds capability and leverages diversity for competitive advantage.
Project Coordination: Knowledge and experience with Project Coordination is planning, organizing, and managing tasks and resources to accomplish a objective this include an administrative, liaison and support role that supports one or more projects. Usually used during smaller noncapital projects.
Self-Mastery: Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.
Be the first to comment