Communication, General Services, Governance and Information, Human Resources, Legal Affairs, Particular Situations, Strategy Economics Business
The Public Policy Manager will support the company’s public positioning across a diverse set of policy issues and regulatory entities relevant to the project at the local, state and federal level. This role will be responsible for multi-state policy tracking and issues management, political engagement planning, strategic advocacy development, as well as policy and regulatory analysis and reporting. The Public Policy Manager will be a key member of the external affairs and outreach team as we establish Attentive Energy’s market profile among decision-makers and public entities relevant to establishing a successful offshore wind project in the New York Bight. The Public Policy Manager will report directly to Attentive Energy’s Permitting & Development Director.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Analyze and track legislation, regulations and/or market rules to determine impact to the company and project development timeline;
- Develop and manage Company’s public policy positions across key issues at the state and federal level;
- Build and maintain relationships with key decision-makers, including local/state/federal legislators, regulatory agency personnel, executive branch personnel, and other external stakeholders;
- Coordinate coalition building among industry stakeholders as well as allies and ensure consistent internal communications on issues impacting the Company and project timeline;
- Analyze relevant municipal, state and federal policy and legislative actions;
- Develop internal reporting and metrics for outreach and engagement goals among public and political entities;
- Manage all in-state lobbying and political outreach activities and compliance as well as recommend engagement and public positioning opportunities
- Advocate for the Company’s policy positions at state, regional and national trade associations;
- Closely coordinate with relevant HQ and DC team members on public policy and government affairs issues as well as update/coordinate across projects and on national topics;
- Maintain and expand upon a stakeholder and community database for outreach and project goals;
- Represent and drive Attentive Energy’s agenda in industry and trade organizations, attend respective meetings, conferences, and public events, and participate in working groups as needed.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Public Policy, International Relations, Public Affairs, or a related field;
- 5+ years’ experience in government affairs, political campaigns, think tanks and/or state and federal entities, with a preference for experience in offshore wind or clean energy deployment;
- In-depth knowledge of the political landscape in northeast and mid-Atlantic states and federal government;
- Understanding of U.S. offshore wind industry or large scale clean energy deployment, including regulatory;
- Excellent writing and presentation skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and establish clear and measurable objectives while prioritizing and organizing a varied workload;
- Experience of working collaboratively within large, interdisciplinary teams.
TotalEnergies regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited visa status for this position.
Profit centre management, Joint Venture Management, Business Development, Strategy Economics, General Communication Resp, Specialized Communications, HR General Responsibilities, General Business Law, Specialized Practice Area, Information / Documentation, Gov Int Ctrl and Int Auditing, General Services Responsibilit, Work Environment
Workplace location (Precisions/Keywords)
New York City Metro Area
Experience level required
Minimum 3 years, Minimum 6 years
Gas Renewables And Power
About us / company profile
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by 100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.
To apply for this job please visit krb-sjobs.brassring.com.