Public Relations Specialist
Houston – United States
The Public Relations Specialist supports media relations efforts for Schlumberger Divisions, Business Lines and Geographies. Core to this role is understanding the company’s strategic direction to develop tailored campaigns that leverage earned/owned media channels. The Public Relations Specialist will also be responsible for managing relationships with key industry trade media, including serving as the focal point for media engagements.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop comprehensive media relations plans and strategy to support business objectives; includes securing editorial placements in key industry trade publications
- Manage engagements and relationships with the industry media, including managing media interviews and training with SMEs
- Create journalistic-quality content (such as industry trade articles, press releases, news stories, etc.) on a regular basis, for use in both earned and owned channels in digital or print
- Manage distribution of press releases internally and externally, including maintaining press release distribution lists
- Attend energy industry events as assigned, serving as company’s media representative
- Manage industry award submissions for corporate-level events and award programs
- Coordinate media training class schedule and attendees
Qualifications and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree, preferably B.A. or B.S. in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or Marketing
- Excellent writing / editing / proofreading abilities, strong communication skills (written and oral), including the ability to tell technical stories
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to lead projects from inception through completion, often with tight deadlines
- Experience working in a matrix organization
- Industry knowledge and background preferred
- Working knowledge of basic HTML and CMS experience is preferred
- 3-5 years public relations experience
- Previous experience working in the energy industry is preferred
- Previous experience working within a matrix organization is preferred
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
To apply for this job please visit careers.slb.com.