Our client seeks the services of a QA/QC Inspector, the role will initially be Perth based and then will transition to site on a 14/7 roster, potential for a 6 – 12 month contract.
About the role:
- Undertake service and product verification and inspection in accordance with contract specifications, pre-requisite regulatory obligations and project plans
- Monitor, assess and report on the status of safety, performance and quality of suppliers and contractors providing goods and services to the Tanami 2 Project
- Coordination of supply chain inspections and verification activities for key electrical equipment and controls.
- Using the Inspection Report proforma, provide accurate and unbiased reports on contractors’ works.
- Liaise with Project Expeditors, Engineers, Contracts Administrators and Document Control to ensure project documentation is submitted on time.
- Verify the Contractor is in possession of relevant contract documents, appendices, specifications, manufacturing schedules, ITP’s and drawings and that they show the correct revisions and approval status.
- Ensure contractors maintain safe work practices and use appropriate PPE. Ensure all equipment is maintained in safe working order with valid calibration and that safe access and egress for all personnel are maintained at all times.
- Ensure the contractor has all raw materials available to complete the works and that they are suitably identified, stored and protected.
- Ensure the Contractor carries out and documents receival inspections of incoming goods to verify compliance with requirements.
- Ensure Tanami Project materials are stored appropriately.
- Verify the personnel conducting inspection and testing activities are properly qualified and in accordance with the applicable procedures/standards.
- Monitor/witness the quality activities of the Supplier / Contractor and document completed quality surveillance of the Contractor’s work including Hold points and Hold points in accordance with the requirements of the Quality Plan, approved ITPs and Procedures. Ensure Contractor sign-off is by appropriately qualified personnel.
- Verify the ITP reflects the current status of works.
- Verify Inspection and NDE activities are carried out by appropriately qualified personnel and that records are complete and accurate.
- Ensure the Contractor is progressively compiling Manufacturer’s Data Reports in accordance with Contract requirements.
- Ensure the contractors technical query register is maintained and no TQ’s remain outstanding. Liaise with Project Engineers and Expeditors to ensure timely TQ close-out. Ensure any permanent changes are recorded as red-line as-built mark-ups on the relevant IFC Drawings.
- Attend Contractor progress meetings as required.
- Identify non-conforming conditions and notify the Construction Manager of situations that justify stopping work
- Monitor subcontractor non-conformance and corrective action processes, and where necessary, raise non-conformance notes and facilitate disposition of non-conforming works.
- Monitor Contractor’s conformance and site quality data and provide statistics as required.
- Formal qualifications in Electrical Engineering (Advanced Diploma minimum) or electrical trade qualifications.
- Experience working on mining/resources infrastructure projects.
- Experience within a Quality Department team.
- Good understanding of electrical (HV/LV/ELV), instrumentation and process control equipment and their applications within Australian process plants.
- Good understanding of Quality Management systems and procedures.
- Previous experience in supplier documentation reviews including ITPs and MDRs
- Individuals will require mining and shaft experience
- Site construction / inspection experience in an appropriate discipline is desirable.
- Experience with inspection coordination for supply of electrical equipment and controls i.e supplier factory acceptance tests
- The ability to demonstrate a strong safety focus and experience with safe working practices including JHAs, Toolbox meetings etc.
- The ability to write concise, factual, unbiased Inspection Reports.
- Pro-active, goal oriented with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills from shopfloor to senior management levels.
- The ability to work effectively in a team and to lead and focus groups, teams or individuals to obtain desired quality-based outcomes
Please Note: due to COVID restrictions candidates will need to reside in WA to be considered
To apply for this job please visit jobs.airswift.com.