QA/QC Technical Support Coordinator
The QA/QC Technical Support Coordinator will play a crucial role in ensuring the quality and compliance of our products, processes, and service delivery through effective coordination, communication, and technical support. This role requires a strong technical aptitude and understanding of quality principles, as well as excellent communication skills to collaborate with various teams and stakeholders.
- Development, administration, and execution of systems, processes, and tools required, to ensure quality objectives are met for department workload, including but not limited to equipment maintenance compliance, project documentation, certifications, high-pressure piping, and other manufacturing/fabrication-related activities related to drilling rig equipment and systems.
- Collaborating closely with team members, and other internal and external stakeholders, to ensure ongoing improvement to processes, and products delivered.
- Providing technical and administrative support to ensure the consistent quality of products and processes, collaborating across departments as required.
- Review plans and specifications and ensure alignment with requirements during manufacturing.
- Adherence to Precision’s HSE and corporate policies, ensuring that products and processes meet regulatory requirements and industry standards.
- Creating and maintaining quality documents and records, such as test reports, inspection forms, checklists, etc.
- Creation and updating of 3D and 2D CAD files in accordance with Company design standards, including as-built drawings when required.
- Creating and revising drawings and billing materials on equipment.
- Creating detailed technical reports, manufacturer’s record binders, and various other project documentation.
- Coordination and execution of work activities in the shop and field as required, including travel to rig and yard locations as needed.
- Various responsibilities pertaining to the Precision Drilling Equipment System.
- Various other duties and special projects as required.
Knowledge & Skills
Excellent problem-solving skills, troubleshooting skills, and attention to detail.
Excellent organizational skills.
Able to work proficiently both under direction, and proactively.
Effective communication skills and ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment.
Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
Ability to read and understand blueprints, technical drawings, and work instructions.
Proficiency with 2D AutoCAD, and 3D Inventor along with the Microsoft Office suite of products.
SAP experience is an asset.
Associate degree or equivalent in a relevant field, or a combination of relevant post-secondary accreditation and work experience considered.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is an asset.
Experience in design/drafting and AutoCAD/Inventor.
Minimum 2 years of experience in construction, fabrication, manufacturing, or a similar EPCM-related technical role.
Additional industry-related courses are a plus.
Knowledge of testing tools and methodologies is a plus.
Field or shop experience in oilfield services and/or drilling rig equipment and systems is a plus.
Experience in the development/implementation of Quality Management systems.
401(k) matching up to 5%
Group Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
Health Savings Account (Employer Contributions)
Life Insurance, AD&D & Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Employee Share Purchase Plan
Employee Incentive Plan
3 Weeks Annual Vacation
2 Weeks Annual PTO
To apply for this job please visit jobs.precisiondrilling.com.