Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Quality Engineer/Auditor (Wells & Drilling), based in Aberdeen.
* Provide Quality Assurance and Quality Control input for new potential drilling and wells suppliers to determine business criticality or risk profile.
* Evaluate incoming drilling and wells tender submissions from a Quality Assurance and Quality Control perspective. Audit potential new suppliers and support development of supplier quality improvement plans.
* Support the drilling and wells procurement / engineering functions to capture relevant certification and documentation requirements on outgoing purchase orders.
* Review, mark-up and approval of supplier-produced documentation submitted and managed through PIMS for the UK business.
* Attend supplier pre-production, kick-off and progress review meetings.
* Initiate requisitions in SAP to cover 3rd party inspection requirements.
* Coordinate onsite inspections, factory acceptance testing and systems integration testing of procured and temporary equipment with 3rd party service providers in line with business risk, inspection and test plans or Temporary Equipment Request Forms.
* Where required, act in the capacity of client representative during factory acceptance testing and systems integration testing.
* Initiate and expedite non-conformance reports within the company’s System for internal, external and supplier issues.
* Liaise and coordinate 3rd party verification oversight requirements (example, SI 913 Lloyds / DNV).
* Perform, support and coordinate investigations related to drilling, wells and subsurface equipment failures.
* Provide input into quarterly supplier performance reviews.
* Engage with the Drilling and Wells team to define functional audit requirements for inclusion in the overall annual UK Audit Plan.
* Perform internal and supplier audits where specified in the UK Audit Plan.
* Represent the drilling and wells function during 3rd party audits as required.
* Develop, issue and maintain project-specific Quality Management Plans for drilling and wells projects. Amend as required during FEED, Detailed Design, Execute and Closeout Phases to keep relevant.
* Liaise and maintain close working relationships with key Drilling and Wells stakeholders and suppliers around matters pertaining to Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
* Research, present and provide overall support to the Lessons Learned process to prevent repeat failures.
* Identify, develop and execute quality improvement initiatives / plans within the drilling and wells function.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Degree or diploma in quality management or a relevant engineering discipline.
* Extensive work experience preferably within an oil and gas operator or drilling, wells and/or subsurface equipment environment.
* Qualified ISO 9001 lead quality auditor and demonstrable experience of auditing in a lead auditor capacity.
* Conversant with API and ISO standards and specifications within a drilling, wells and/or subsurface equipment environment.
* Extensive experience in failure investigations, root cause analysis and continuous improvement techniques.
* Clear written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to apply statistical analysis and a systematic approach Quality Management.
* Ability to prioritise workloads, work under pressure and without supervision.
* Experience working with SAP helpful but not specifically required.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/062257.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
To apply for this job please visit www.orionjobs.com.