Role: Quality Lead
Location: Basra, Iraq
Department/Function: Operations Engineering
Duration: 12 months
The Quality Lead is responsible for the QA/QC functions for both Operations, Maintenance, Small and Major Projects. Leading on assurance for compliance with project specifications, applicable design codes and specifications, regulatory standards and industry best practice for Hydrocarbon and Water processing facilities. The role acts as a focal point for multiple technical bid evaluations (TBE). The Quality lead also acts as a focal point for testing and welding assurance across the mechanical design envelope.
The Quality Lead reports to the Engineering Manager and will work closely with the Operations and Facilities team on the implementation and maintenance of engineering standards and Operational document/data integrity of information.
• Management and coordination of all Quality Assurance and Quality Control aspects of the rehabilitation and upgrade of the oilfield, both for daily operations and multiple concurrent projects.
• Promote Quality awareness and continuous improvement through self-verification program.
• Ensure compliance with applicable regulatory standards, working closely with the Operations, Projects and Facilities teams on Integrity programmes including Change Management and documentation processes.
• Lead a team of multi-disciplined QA/QC Engineers managing Small Projects, Vessel & Tank Repair programs, replacement flowlines and TAR’s
• Monitor the effectiveness of Construction Contractors QMS and recommend improvements when necessary, to ensure compliance with international codes and standards, Company specifications and project standards.
• Develop and deliver the nationalisation development program for QC Engineers, by identifying & mentoring Iraqi nationals
• Conduct quality audits, both internal and external in accordance with the audit schedule. Monitor and close out NCR’s identified during procurement, construction activities and quality audits.
• Develop and maintain Quality related procedures and documentation.
• Determine, track and report Quality related Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
• Communicate all potential quality-related risks and improvement issues to the Engineering Manager.
• Lead and participate in RCA investigations and business improvement activities.
• Operations SPA for PMCS deviation and action tracking modules.
• SPA for all Operations and Projects technical queries.
• Review/Approval and processing of Project documents in CIS (Sharecat), including Operations, Maintenance and Small Projects design documents and supply chain documentation
• Subject Matter Expert on all Quality matters to provide general advice and mentorship to PSCM team members, enhancing effectiveness of the supply chain team.
• Coach, mentor and motivate local contractors and suppliers to achieve a step change in QA performance through coaching of specification requirements and procedures, to meet International standards and enable long term improvement in local capability to replace international resources.
• Work with PSCM to implement long term sourcing strategies including Approved Supplier Lists, and Master Service Agreements. Eliminating inefficiencies in repeated technical reviews of bulk materials and building relationships with trusted suppliers.
• Supporting PSCM in the preparation of RFPs including providing correct documentation, technical questionnaires and scoring models
• Verify and assess the Quality Systems, Processes and Procedures of General Engineering Contractors which provide conceptual, detailed design and specialist engineering services for the oilfield under long term contracts
• Leading the technical review of Supplier bid submissions to check and verify compliance to specifications, raising post-bid clarifications where necessary.
• Liaise with PSCM from purchase requisition through to order placement and coordination of Third-Party Inspection activities for inspection release.
• Manage the resolution of any non-conformance in supplied goods, and contracted services including implementing lessons learned to foster continuous improvement
• Focal Point for out of country expediting team for successful delivery of equipment packages and materials.
• Assist in providing Engineering solutions for utilisation of legacy stock equipment and materials for significant cost savings and reduced project schedules. Systematically matching available equipment and materials to design requirements with relevant Engineers without loss of design integrity or process safety requirements.
SPECIFICATIONS & PROCEDURES
• Drive ongoing development and updating of Project Specifications and Procedures to ensure that latest codes, standard and industry best practice are adhered too.
• Focal point for the Major Projects & Base Scope out of country Engineering functions, to coordinate the review and rationalisation of Operations Engineering suite of Specifications, Procedures and Technical Practices.
• Ensure lessons learned are captured, shared and incorporated into revisions of Company Specifications and procedures.
• Subject Matter Expert for all Welding related matters. Supporting Operations, Maintenance, Small and Major Projects.
• Review and approval of all supplier and Construction Contractor Welding Procedures.
• Research business improvement activities for implementation of latest welding technologies and techniques to ultimately reduce time and cost savings.
• Maintain weld failure rates to below industry norms by implementing first principles of Qualified Weld Procedures and Welder Qualifications across a range of contractors.
• Support BOC Welding Training Centre activities for Welders and maintaining Welder Qualification register.
• Develop local NDT contractors to replace international resources.
COMPLETIONS & HANDOVER
• Manage the in-country Operations Completions & Handover team to ensure timely handover and start up.
• Develop current GOC processes for continuous improvement.
• Manage the interface between GOC and DCC to ensure retention of handover dossiers.
Degree / diploma qualified in relevant Engineering discipline
Essential experience and job requirements
• 20+ years of industry experience in a variety of roles that demonstrate skills progression leading to senior assurance roles. Relevant experience to include Engineering design, project management, operations/maintenance and integrity/audit roles including monitoring and remediation.
• IRCA Lead Auditor certification desirable
• Registered Welding Engineer IIW IWE desirable
• Experience in developing and maintaining Quality Management System documentation (Quality Plans and Business Process documentation
• A thorough understanding of international codes and standards.
• Proficient in the use of MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint.
Desirable criteria and qualifications
• Key skills include communication, interpersonal relationships, facilitation, influencing, and negotiating
• Ability to develop others and foster diverse relationships in a multicultural environment
• Ability to identify correct priorities of maintenance activities
• A passion and relentless drive for continuous improvement
• Strong use of IT systems to analyse data, and produce reports & KPI’s etc
• Strong interpersonal skills with experience influencing operating teams and contractors
• Strong cultural awareness
• Able to prioritise work in a high activity environment
• Able to work within a multidisciplinary team
• Ability to handle multiple tasks with minimal supervision
• Strong bias for being proactive and getting results
• Demonstrate planning, organisational and communication skills
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
To apply for this job please visit www.nesfircroft.com.