Sugar Land – United States
Job Title: Quality Lead
Location: Sugar Land, TX.
We are looking for a Quality Lead to join our Supply Chain organization. In this role the Quality Lead will be responsible for developing, applying, and maintaining procedures to ensure quality assurance (QA) and quality control (QC) for warehousing processes. The Quality Lead will also have a hands-on understanding of production and warehousing operations. Other duties will include process improvement in implementing initiatives to reduce waste and improve productivity within the Distribution and Logistics functions at the manufacturing center and provide tangible improvements that positively impacts the customer’s needs.
- Provides daily support to the distribution organization as required
- Fast learner of new systems and able to work in an SAP environment
- Able to operate proactively and effectively in a fast-paced environment both independently and as part of a team, with minimal supervision
- Communicates (verbally and written) well with customers, managers, suppliers, and other interested parties in a professional manner that represents the company well
- Ability to establish a high level of professional integrity, trust, and credibility within the organization
- Assist in defining and developing quality program status indicators and performance measurements
- Provide trend analysis on quality issues and performance metrics.
- Conduct audit processes internally and at suppliers, including planning, preparation, execution, reporting results, and remedial work plans.
- Develop and implement internal Quality Control Plans (QCP) including customer- and project-specific QCPs. Participate in design reviews and criticality assessments of processes as input to QCP development.
- Contribute to Quality Improvement Plans internally and with suppliers.
- Investigate and address product non-conformances, working with relevant subject matter experts as needed.
- Acquire and analyze data across a spectrum of business environments to facilitate process analysis and improvements. Use metrics, reporting and process control tools to track, analyze and problem solve.
- Utilize statistical quality tools and techniques to lower total quality costs.
- Coordinate deviation and non-conformance processes and ensure corrective and preventive actions address fundamental causes.
- Create and classify Product Quality (PQ) incident reports. Lead and coordinate PQ investigations.
- Provide QMS training and ensure appropriate competency levels are maintained.
- Continuously improve knowledge of customer expectations, supplier relations, risk management and improvement, industry standards, business systems, and planning and quality tools.
- Ensure compliance to internal and external management systems.
- Lead multiple cross-functional and cross-department process improvement projects and initiatives.
- Support the Supply Chain Managers in defining and identifying local key metrics and performance targets.
- Help implement global procedures and key metrics harmonized with local initiatives.
- Create, revise, and implement models, procedures, and process instructions.
- Communicate process improvement project status and metrics to stakeholders.
- Support the expansion and harmonization of common Supply Chain services throughout SLB.
- Implement actions to continuously reduce wasted time, money, and resources.
- Comply with SLB and local procedures applicable to the job function.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Quality Engineering or Supply Chain Engineering
- Experience in quality, process improvement and managing suppliers
- Strong analytical skills and proficient with Microsoft Office products – excel, word, etc.
- Experience with SAP
We are a global technology company, driving energy innovation for a balanced planet. At SLB we create amazing technology that unlocks access to energy for the benefit of all. That is our purpose. As innovators, that’s been our mission for 100 years. We are facing the world’s greatest balancing act- how to simultaneously reduce emissions and meet the world’s growing energy demands. We’re working on that answer. Every day, a step closer. Our collective future depends on decarbonizing the fossil fuel industry, while innovating a new energy landscape. It’s what drives us. Ensuring progress for people and the planet, on the journey to net zero and beyond. For a balanced planet.
Visit the links below to learn more about us:
– Who We Are | SLB
– Technical Careers Development Program
– Diversity and Inclusion Principles
– Frequently Asked Questions
SLB is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, or other characteristics protected by law. We are an “Equal Opportunity Employer”. For more information regarding your rights, refer to the latest version of the “EEO is the Law” poster, the “EEO is the Law-Supplement” poster, and the “Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision” located here: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation / modification to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability to assist in the hiring process, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in the interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
We are committed to a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments, please visit our Diversity & Inclusion | SLB (slb.com) for more information.
SLB is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
To apply for this job please visit careers.slb.com.