Where you fit in
Lubricants play a vital role in keeping the world moving and machinery operating efficiently. As the world’s needs for mobility, construction, and industrial production increase, so too will the demand for lubricants.
Shell Global Lubricants is the world’s #1 lubricants supplier and has been so for the past 14 years. We bring the Shell purpose of Powering Progress to life by producing the world’s best lubricants, driven by impeccable quality, clean innovation and a customer-first focus.
We generate value for Shell as a vibrant and resilient cash engine, and our accelerated growth agenda and long-term strategy has us poised to do even more.
What’s the role?
As Regional Technical Manager for Lubricants, you will be responsible for developing the technical capabilities of our distributors to deliver business plan for both our products and services.
In this role, you will provide technical support to our Indirect Channel business (sales through distributors) by leveraging in the Distributor Front Line Technical Support (DFLTS) programme, and developing the value selling competencies of our Indirect Channel Account Managers (ICAM) and Distributors.
Your further Accountabilities include:
- Deliver comprehensive technical competency development plans for Shell Sales team, DFLTS and Distributor Sales Reps (DSRs). Utilize train-the-trainer model through DFLTS and ICAMs through review, classroom training and field coaching to develop DSR competency and business delivery.
- Develop the technical competencies of the DFLTS (within our distributor organization). DFLTS should have functional and equipment knowledge to be able to suggest appropriate Shell products and services, troubleshoot complaints with your support, develop Reasons to Believe (RTBs), document value delivered to customers, and engage key influencers at local level.
- Coach and support our distributor staff in revenue generation through Services portfolio (LubeAnalyst, Lube Optimizer, Lube Advisor, Lube Expert, Solution Hub, LubeChat)
- Liaising with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), ensuring proper complaint resolution and value delivery to key customers.
- Collaborate with Global OEM team and local OEM managers to deliver OEM approvals as per strategic needs. Manage good relationship with key OEM technology & service stakeholders at high level, to best exploit the technical attributes of Shell products and services to commercial advantage and to trouble-shoot any technical issues.
- Drive top and bottom-line growth, with Premium focus, through RTB generation
- Jointly deliver the strategic distributors plans through skill/will quadrant analysis for each distributor.
- Improve the MBs at each distributor level through right focus on pipeline strength (both mainstream and premium) and develop capabilities to improve hit rate for new opportunities.
- Keep track of changing customer needs/business environments, and feedbacks to ensure the most appropriate Product Portfolio and/or Services are available, including key OEM approvals required with clear business potential.
- Work with Marketing to develop and execute customer value proposition (CVP) for key sectors.
- Support our Marketing team in planning, content development and execution of training workshops in key sectors and for premium acceleration.
- Work with local business to develop and execute OEM activation plan (technology forums, training programs, customer event, oil analysis programmes, technical collaborations) with clear business goals.
What we need from you?
We’re keen to hear from individuals with a degree in either Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, along with at least 8 years’ experience in a technical selling environment.
Beyond that, we’d like to see the following on your CV:
- Proven technical skills and key customer relationship skills.
- Proven skills in managing applications in construction, auto component, general manufacturing, and power sector, along with the ability to trouble-shoot and solve customer problems will be an added advantage.
- Proven skills in applying technical capability and develop customer value proposition.
- Strong stakeholder negotiation, collaboration, networking and leadership skills.
- Good techno commercial mindset and knowledge on end-to-end key account management.
- With extensive engineering knowledge in industry or transport, or related discipline.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Good digital literacy with ability to understand and use common tools such as Microsoft applications, mobile apps etc.
Shell is a global energy company where we work towards powering progress through more and cleaner energy solutions. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future. In India Shell has its businesses footprint in Information Technology, Projects & Technology, Finance Operations, Integrated Gas, Downstream & Upstream spread across more than 7 main locations.
An innovative place to work
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential…
We are creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there. We are striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity. We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
As an equal opportunity employer, combining our ideas through a creative, collaborative environment and global operations – we have developed and will continue to nurture a unique workplace with an impressive range of benefits to ensure that joining Shell is an inspired and rewarding career choice for everyone.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.shell.com.