Welcome to ConocoPhillips, where innovation and excellence create a platform for opportunity and growth. Come realize your full potential here.
Who We Are
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 13 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.
The Release Train Engineer’s major responsibilities are to facilitate the ART events and processes and assist the teams in delivering value. RTEs communicate with stakeholders, escalate impediments, help manage risk, and drive relentless improvement. RTE’s engage in coaching the ART’s members in the Agile and Product mindsets by actively demonstrating and embracing the principles, values and behaviors of each mindset.
The RTE drives the ART and has a solid grasp of how to scale the Lean and Agile mindset, behaviors, values, principles and practices. The RTE is a transformation (change) leader through coaching and development of the ART’s members and stakeholders.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Servant Leader who acts as the first Agile Coach for the ART
- Apply fit for purpose program execution methodologies
- Lead the adoption of SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) within Lower 48 Digital Technologies organization
- Prepare and facilitate all the ART ceremonies and events
- Handle and optimize the flow of value through the ART
- Drive transparency and visibility up (Portfolio Level), down (Teams) and across the ART (program level) using various tools
- Develop and coach ART processes and assist the Agile Teams to prepare for the ART ceremonies and deliver what they commit to during the Release/PI Planning event
- Mentor and provide additional training to Agile teams to continuously improve practices and optimize value delivery
- Work with Product Management and Architects to ensure the alignment to strategy and execution of committed work
- Enable relentless improvement and continuous value delivery by monitoring the ART execution and provide quarterly reports to show progress
- Provides leadership for the agile teams and key interfaces to the projects or programs
- Provide help to identify tasks, determine dependencies, identify and assign specific resources, communicate expectations to team members, obtain story point estimates (which includes effort, duration, complexity) and track progress in TargetProcess and Jira
- Coordinates resources with other ARTs and functions
- Partner with the Lean Agile Center of Excellence (LACE), as a key stakeholder for all LACE deliverables intended for execution on and/or around the ART
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- 3+ years of experience within an IT organization working directly with Agile teams on projects as a Release Train Engineer and/or a Scrum Master, to plan resources for a portfolio consisting of multiple products and business unit objectives
- Intermediate knowledge of all software delivery methodologies and an understanding of when to apply them
- Certified SAFe Release Train Engineer (RTE)
- Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM) or Certified Scrum Professional–ScrumMaster (CSP-SM) or SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) or SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM)
- Advanced knowledge of software architecture and software delivery lifecycle
- 1+ years of experience managing projects and programs across geographical regions. Ability to lead and motivate diverse project teams and juggle multiple tasks
- Excellent business partnership, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong tactical, strategic thinking, problem solving skills, and leadership
- Proven ability to successfully juggle multiple projects and priorities and willing to shift direction quickly when priorities change
- Delivers results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
- Listens actively and invites new ideas for exchanged opinions, then influences and acts to drive positive performance and achieve results
- Builds positive relationships based on trust and seeks collaboration across organizational boundaries to achieve goals
Apply Before: February 2, 2024
ConocoPhillips’ sponsorship for employment authorization in the U.S. is NOT available for this position.
In the US, ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.conocophillips.com.