ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota – a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
- Performs equipment surveillance, autonomous maintenance, and first-level response
- Operates equipment and understands process controls & flow (start up, shut down)
- Enters work notifications in SAP
- Communicates work activities accurately in the system (shift changes, log books, SAP follow-ups)
- Responsible for executing continuous improvement activities and providing feedback through appropriate channels
- Facilitation of safe work permitting processes
- Complies with all Hess Rules and guidance (energy isolation, confined space, hot work)
- Clearly communicates applicable Hess policies and procedures relevant to work activities
- Coaches on safety aspects of the job and work location
- Process Safety Management (PSM) Regulations – knowledgeable on how work needs to be conducted to be regulatory compliant (e.g., aware of signage requirements, training requirements, and operation requirements).
- Work independently at times to maintain production goals and manage process upsets.
- Utilize P&IDs and PFDs to help troubleshoot, maintain equipment, and perform maintenance activities.
- Industrial / oilfield experience
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft, SAP)
- Mechanical aptitude
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of safety requirements and practices
- Able to work in a team environment
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Continuous Improvement – 10%
- Process Execution – 60%
- Problem Solving / Decision Making – 25%
- Leadership / Coaching –5%
- Field Time (“go see”, meetings/collaboration) – 90%
- Desk Time (admin, invoices, data analysis, emails) – 10%
Hess is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Hess is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, click here or send an email to MyHR@Hess.com.
Posting Notes: Derek Sutton | Employee | Field/Plant Operations | United States| North Dakota | Tioga | | | | | No | 26405
To apply for this job please visit jobs.hess.com.