Remote System Support Engineer
Kuala Lumpur – Malaysia
Manage, maintain, and enhance the data processing environment, providing system, software and operational support. Primarily this is a Linux system administration role incorporating system installation, hardware and software troubleshooting and maintenance, participation in on-call duties, and liaising with customers.
- Provide system support to the on-premises data center environment and cloud resources.
- Installation and administration of CentOS Linux environments, including patching, account creation, upgrades, etc.
- Conform to local change management philosophies.
- Effectively communicate all change activities within the team, prior to initiation, to limit possible risks due to duplicate or rework efforts.
- Ensure both DSS IT and SL-IT deployment standards are maintained, with verification through OCS and SCCM reporting systems.
- Meet KPO requirements for InTouch support processing, including full documentation of problem resolution.
- Provide a written weekly status report to the team manager and be prepared to present and discuss this with the team at a weekly status meeting.
- Be prepared to work outside of normal hours as system maintenance often must be performed outside of prime time; provide 24/7 support to computer operations as part of an on-call rotation.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant Quality Assurance, Best Practice procedures and QHSE requirements, as defined by job position.
- Build up experience in Omega2 applications and the related infrastructure software, OPM, RDM, OSM, OCM, WHSM, MMS, etc. and of the SFM processing data flows and system usage models.
- Continue education to keep pace with current technologies and certifications (e.g. Google Associate / AWS DevOps Engineer / RHCE / Postgres / etc.).
- Self-motivated, able to work with minimum direction; able to work as part of a team, either in small two or three person groups, or as part of the location support team as a whole.
- Show a good understanding of computer equipment, and its care and maintenance.
- Adhere to industry standard systems administration techniques and procedures.
- Able to demonstrate good written, phone and face to face communication skills when working with a peer group and with internal and external customers.
- Be flexible and able to simultaneously manage multiple projects or tasks.
- Able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Minimum degree in Computer/IT related studies.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in supporting Linux system, having HPC experience will be bonus.
- Proficient in the installation, configuration and management of Linux based operating systems. Currently RHEL and CentOS.
- Experience with troubleshooting of computer hardware including servers, tape drives, GPGPU, SSD, disk arrays.
- High level of expertise in troubleshooting Linux HPC system issues
- Experience with Linux system configuration for Ethernet, InfiniBand, and Fiber Channel SAN.
- Experience with HPC Storage Solutions.
- Ability to write and troubleshoot scripts written at least one of Bourne, Bash, C Shell, Perl, Python, Ruby or MRTG.
- Experience and knowledge of virtualization.
- Proven working knowledge of the Google Cloud Platform and Azure public clouds.
- Postgres DB administration knowledge is added advantage.
- Proficient in Malay and English written and spoken language.
- Have working rights in Malaysia and willing to work in KL.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Successful applicants may be employed through a Schlumberger approved third-party contracting company and assigned to Schlumberger projects or considered for direct employment by Schlumberger.
Please be vigilant to fraudulent activity if you receive a communication or e-mail regarding potential employment, or an invitation to submit applications to a public email address, supposedly from Schlumberger. Please do not send money or pass any personal details to anyone suggesting they can provide employment with us. We will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process. For more information please visit: https://careers.slb.com/fraud
To apply for this job please visit careers.slb.com.