Here’s fantastic opportunity for professional and skilled engineer with offshore expertise to be part of our exciting commitment to Offshore Wind. Bringing your technical experience and commercial knowledge to an ambitious role, which will help develop future energy opportunities.
Where you fit in
At Shell, we’re passionate about finding new; cleaner energy solutions that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. As an Offshore Wind Researcher, you’ll be a vital part of this commitment sitting within our Wind Technology team. Your role will fit within Global Power Technology organization and has priority to actively support our ambitious Offshore Wind Innovation Programme. Helping deliver business-driven innovation to the Renewables and Energy Solutions business.
What’s the role?
As Researcher for Offshore Wind, you will be using your technical expertise to its full advantage. Assessing technology development and cost reduction pathways for fixed offshore wind foundations over their full life cycle; from quick connect technologies and vessels and logistics to low noise and fatigue installation technologies, seismic impact on design and predictive maintenance. In the competitive environment of offshore wind, it will be your role to identify and develop potential innovative concepts. Think outside the box to improve existing fixed foundation concepts.
Your personal skills are going to be just as vital here. You’ll use your effective communication skills to extract the most out of Shell’s collective offshore structure expertise. Support ongoing external technology collaborations with range of networks and working groups and provide expert technical support for Shell Venture investments in relevant technology companies.
What we need from you
We are keen to hear from professionals with experience – as high performing Offshore Structures Engineer. Along with your natural passion for new technologies, we’d also hope to see as much of the following on your resume.
- Relevant experience in offshore wind farm foundations engineering
- Proven technical competences in offshore structures engineering, including geotechnical, in-place structural dynamic analysis and construction engineering
- Offshore Windfarm Construction and Commissioning
- Demonstratable commitment to Health Safety and Environment
- An ability to link business drivers to deep technical understanding and vice versa
- Proven strong team player, whilst also able to act autonomously
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice. We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.shell.com.
Be the first to comment