Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide. Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Reservoir Engineer within our ORCM EOR asset based in Houston, TX.
The Reservoir Engineering position provides input into capital development and operational decisions and is expected to provide technically sound engineering analysis supported by economics. The successful candidate will be responsible for championing projects through proposal and approval processes. As such, superior organization and verbal / written communication skills are essential. Work will entail cooperatively working projects in conjunction with other engineering disciplines, geologists and land personnel.
Responsibilities & Expectations
- Identification, justification, and implementation of reserves-bearing opportunities.
- Development and exploration drilling projects, expansion opportunities, production enhancement identification, and workovers.
- Short and long-term production forecasting.
- Reserves estimation and reporting.
- Support of annual budget and planning cycles.
- Bachelor of Science degree in petroleum engineering or related engineering discipline
- Minimum of 5 years reservoir engineering experience
- Proficiency in reservoir management and development practices including material balance, field development planning, reservoir surveillance, reservoir performance modeling and production forecasting
- Superior technical presentation and writing skills
- Broad understanding of practical petroleum economic theory (PEEP experience preferred)
- Demonstrated results in improving the profitability of oil and gas fields using reservoir analysis
- Demonstrated ability to forecast reserves using multiple techniques
- Proficiency in analyzing pressure transient and fluid property data
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Familiarity with OFM or similar software.
- Ability to interact effectively with team members and working interest partners
- Previous CO2 flooding experience is a plus
- Familiarity with carbonate geology and typical completion and artificial lift methods used in the Permian Basin is also a plus
Occidental does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
– United States-Texas-Houston
To apply for this job please visit oxy.taleo.net.