Our Clients a Leading Oil and Gas Operator based in Aberdeen are currently recruiting for a Reservoir Engineer to join their team on a long-term ongoing contract basis. See below for a further job spec:
The Reservoir Engineer will be responsible for the long-term management, development and optimisation of the fields and associated
satellites in the asset. Working with the multi-disciplinary subsurface team assigned to the asset, the Reservoir Engineer will utilise
simulation models or other analytical techniques to identify and evaluate opportunities to optimise economic recovery. They will provide
long-term production and reserves/resources estimates quantifying areas of uncertainty, as well as identifying and evaluating incremental
• Construction and maintenance of appropriate reservoir models incorporating geoscience interpretations of static reservoir
• Identification of options to increase production and optimise recovery
• Manage reservoir engineering studies carried out by 3rd party contractors and vendors
• Support the Company’s process of change and continual improvement.
• Work with the other members of the multi-disciplinary sub-surface team assigned to the asset to identify new drilling opportunities
and production adding Well Workovers/Interventions.
• Generation of Life of Field production profiles and maintain auditable booked reserves/resources estimates and reserves reports.
• Define Reservoir Surveillance Plan.
• Lead and Coordinate Development Project Maturation when required
• Maintain a firm understanding of the threat Cyber Attacks pose in both regular IT (Information Technology) and OT (Operational
Technology / industrial automation) environments and the potential consequences of such attacks
Reservoir Management Strategy
Develop a reservoir management strategy for each field to maximise production and optimise the economic recovery
• Work with the Production Engineer to develop a cost effective monitoring strategy to verify the integrity of the reservoir
Opportunity Identification and Evaluation
• Build and maintain appropriate reservoir models incorporating geoscience interpretations of static reservoir properties
• Identify options to increase production and optimise recovery
• As part of a multidisciplinary subsurface team, evaluate the incremental production and reserves for each opportunity
• Describe the key risks and quantify the uncertainties
• Maintain a ranked inventory of development opportunities for the field
• Identify and develop study and monitoring programmes to improve understanding and reduce the uncertainty and risks associated
with the development options
• In conjunction with other function groups prepare a business case describing the opportunity, detailing the benefits, costs and risks
• Develop Life of Field production profiles and maintain auditable booked reserves estimates and reserves reports
• Work with the Production Engineer/Technologist in order to optimise well potentials.
Data Management and Administration
• Provide input to the business planning processes
• Write concise reports for all studies and maintain comprehensive, accessible, up-to-date records of input and interpreted data
• Other duties consistent with employees expertise and status may also be assigned according to business needs
Education Attainment & Accreditation
• Engineering or Geoscience degree equivalent
Professional Skills & Experience
• Previous experience in reservoir engineering with Oil & Gas operating companies
Interpersonal Skills & Qualities
• Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams
• Capacity to acknowledge and analyse large quantities of data
• Resilient team player, who can work in the face of adversity
• Highly professional and tenacious individual, who has humility, understands their own limitations and personal development needs
• Ability to embrace change and continual improvement
To apply for this job please visit www.morson.com.