Subsurface Global is currently recruiting for a Reservoir Engineer (18 Month Contract) on behalf of our client, an E&P operator based in Aberdeen.
This will be a full-time, day rate contract position (PAYE).
Start Date: ASAP
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
The role holder will be responsible for delivering the reservoir engineering (RE) scope of work that will optimise reservoir performance and maximise the value of the asset. The individual will report to the Reservoir Engineering Team Lead and will manage and work with the various subsurface resource groups to ensure that the RE work scope is delivered in a timely manner with deliverables consistently meeting the technical assurance requirements of internal and external stakeholders.
This is an operational reservoir engineering role, focusing on in year reservoir management, well test analysis, intervention planning, opportunity identification and short term production forecasting.
- Role-model compliance with HSE policy; ensure that all activities are planned and conducted in compliance with HSE policy.
- Monitor reservoir performance on the existing fields and work closely with the production team to optimise production/injection and maximise field recovery.
- Provide production performance analysis.
- Plan data acquisition, interpret, manage and maintain key subsurface data sets.
- Identify, assess, and work with mutli-discipline team to mature and execute interventions opportunities
- Generate short term production forecast and reporting materials.
- Work closely with the Asset and Reservoir Study & Simulation team to support corporate processes (e.g Work Plan and Budget, StratPlan, reserves).
- Provide planning and/or operational support for infill drilling and testing.
- Provide well/reservoir performance insight to support reservoir simulation study.
- Work with the Asset and Reservoir Studies team to align short term and long-term reservoir management strategy and asset subsurface workplan/KPIs.
- Prepare and present technical material internally and to joint venture partners.
- Ensure timely execution of RE work scope and delivery of high-quality products that consistently pass scrutiny of internal and external technical assurance efforts.
- Propose ideas for value-adding reservoir engineering work.
- Ensures that your own reservoir engineering work meets the required technical standards and is appropriately reviewed and assured and is fully integrated with other geological and subsurface work streams.
- Ensure timely execution and close out of peer assists, peer reviews, economic analyses, etc for timely approval and execution of value adding opportunities.
- Manages own work in line with processes, utilising Decision Analysis tools and approach where appropriate. Considers alternatives, innovating where necessary to deliver pragmatic and/or technically improved solutions and actively seeking, applying and volunteering lessons learned.
- As a technical professional and part of the broader RE community, actively develop personal capabilities and enhance the technical capability of the team.
- Provide ad-hoc support to other developments projects that may require senior RE input, including covering RE discipline in technical assurance reviews occasionally.
- Where necessary, build, manage, influence and guide 3rd party Reservoir Engineering studies
- Robust knowledge and understanding of the upstream oil and gas business model.
- Broad knowledge of geology, geophysics, petrophysics, and production engineering.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of the following:
- Reservoir surveillance and management
- Analytical reservoir engineering
- Reservoir modelling and simulation (including uncertainty workflows)
- Uncertainty analysis
- Well test analysis
- Nodal analysis
- Fluids and PVT
- Proficiency with RE software including Saphir, OFM, Prosper, Petrel, Eclipse.
- Experience with well and intervention delivery processes (i.e. maturation of drilling and intervention opportunities from idea to execution).
- A good understanding of the offshore environment.
- Ability to work with cross-discipline teams.
- An excellent understanding of the integration of Reservoir Engineering with other disciplines including geophysics, petrophysics, reservoir engineering, drilling, completions and production technology.
- The ability to characterise and succinctly articulate subsurface issues and recommendations to other relevant disciplines and management.
- A strong understanding of both the value and limitations of reservoir engineering analysis, with the insight to identify the important and urgent tasks from the nice-to-haves.
- Ability to balance short term urgent assignments with longer term important assignments.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work under pressure and deliver timely results, coupled with individual drive and self-starting initiative and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment without compromising integrity.
- A collaborative working style and active ability to build networks, both internally and with relevant external organisations.
- Strong sense of ethics, honesty and integrity in all decision and actions and strong personal commitment to upholding the highest standards of HSE.
- Personal commitment to organisational and technical excellence.
Please apply by clicking on the ‘I’m Interested’ button on this page.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ssg.group.
Be the first to comment