Date: May 8, 2023
Houston, TX, US, 77024
Marathon Oil’s Eagle Ford Subsurface Integration team is currently seeking a Reservoir Engineer based out of Houston, Texas. The Integration team is responsible for leading technical studies supporting optimization of development strategy, including reservoir simulation, rate and pressure transient analysis, completion design, and well spacing.
- Perform rate and pressure transient analysis supporting examination of completion effectiveness, well productivity and reservoir properties.
- Value optimization through analysis of relationships between completion design parameters and well productivity.
- Build reservoir simulation models supporting asset activity for redevelopment, refrac design, enhanced oil recovery, well spacing optimization.
- Work with multi-disciplinary team to implement and evaluate EOR pilots and feasibility of EOR expansion.
- Support efforts towards mapping of key reservoir and fluid properties driving well productivity across the Eagle Ford.
- Analyze DFITs and PVT results.
- Calculation of in-place hydrocarbon volumes and reservoir recovery factors
- Monitor emerging industry technologies and make proposals to asset team on value proposition for future trials.
- Support technical evaluation needs with regards to data acquisition and completion trial programs.
- Collaboration with corporate data science, integrated performance, and planning organizations as needed.
- Support asset sanction process for new pads as needed including identification of key risk factors and upside potential associated with near-term development activity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum Engineering or related field
- A minimum of 8 years of reservoir engineering experience in oil & gas supporting unconventional development in onshore US basins.
- Proficient in RTA software packages – Whitson+, Kappa and/or Harmony Enterprise.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite, Aries, Spotfire and ComboCurve.
- Experience in numerical reservoir simulation using Eclipse or CMG a plus.
- Must possess excellent communication, teamwork, planning, and organizational skills.
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you’re a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You’ll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Houston || TX || United States (US) || SF:LI; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Engineering || Not Applicable || || 31644 ||
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Engineer, ERP, Engineering, Technology
To apply for this job please visit careers.marathonoil.com.