Title: Reservoir & Exploration Geology
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a Reservoir & Exploration Geologist to join Southern Area Reservoir Characterization Department. A Reservoir Geologist role is to perform detailed reservoir characterization using advanced geological analyses to support characterization & field development, platform evaluation and well planning/drilling. The analyses include, and not limited to, integration of well rock physics property and appropriate seismic attributes, post-stack/pre-stack inversion to generate seismically-driven reservoir property distribution maps, and detailed structural and stratigraphic interpretation. The candidate also needs to perform pre-stack/post-stack seismic modeling to help calibrate/QC seismic data processing, seismic attributes and seismic inversion products.
Duties & Responsibilities
The candidate will be required to perform and handle most of the following:
• Seismic Interpretation (3D & 2D data), horizon picking, Attribute analyses, Interpretation data QC, Structural mapping of complex carbonate and siliciclastic reservoirs.
• Characterization and Mapping of Fault & Fractures at reservoir levels. Generating and utilizing seismic attributes for better characterizing fractures, faults, and other structural, stratigraphic and sedimentary features.
• Generation of time and depth grids at different reservoir levels, generation of synthetics. Handling of Pre-stack/Post-stack data and seismic inversion. Active and regular interaction with Reservoir Geologist, Operation Geologist, Reservoir Engineers, Sedimentologist and Log Analyst is expected.
• Handling regular interaction for Processing/Reprocessing of Seismic data. Support operational geologist on well planning/drilling using his or existing interpretation, observe and evaluate of any new findings and update interpretation accordingly. Advice & support operation geologist on logging requirements specifically VSP.
• Evaluate geophysical and geological data to map prospective areas/formations to look for upside potential for future field development.
• A minimum of Bachelor Degree or preferably higher in Geology, Applied Geology. Fifteen years of years of solid experience as a Development Geologist with the last four years focusing on advanced geological/geophysical analyses for reservoir characterization & modeling.
• Strong technical skills and knowledge in seismic structural interpretation and seismic stratigraphic interpretation (sequence stratigraphy), seismic attributes analyses and
modelling demonstrated through actual work experiences. Having skills in pre-stack/post-stack modelling and seismic inversion would be desirable. • Hands-on experience using 3D seismic interpretation software (Landmark DSG, Petrel, etc.) and some advanced geophysical software; e.g., geoTeric, Jason Geoscience, Hampson-Russel, Well-Seismic Fusion, dGB, etc.
• Good understanding of seismic data acquisition and processing and well log data analysis. Mapping techniques experience is a must. Mentoring of junior staff and transferring of knowledge.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.
To apply for this job please visit careers.aramco.com.
Be the first to comment