Rig Automation Intern – Nisku, AB
Precision Drilling is launching our 2023 Internship Program!
If you are a current post-secondary student working towards your degree in Software Engineering/Automation and would like to gain real-world experience during your summer, then please read on…
Precision is looking for a Rig Automation Intern to join the team for summer 2023.
Working for Precision Drilling means being immersed in a supportive culture that recognizes you as a strategic player in Precision Drilling’s future. We are a company rooted in the success of our people, where you will collaborate with leadership and your colleagues across the organization.
Our Interns will enjoy perks such as:
- A work environment where you can expect to enjoy a work-life balance that promotes personal health and well-being.
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests.
- Networking and employee engagement events.
- Career development seminars.
- Precision offers afternoons off before a long weekend.
How to Apply
Applicants MUST submit a Cover Letter detailing their interest in working at Precision Drilling. Failure to submit a Cover Letter will result in automatic disqualification. Please submit your Cover Letter & Resume in ONE PDF file attached in the resume section.
This application will close on Wednesday, March 8.
The following restrictions apply to all internship candidates:
- Applicants must be available for a non-negotiable start date of Monday, May 8, 2023.
- Applicants must be 18 years or older.
- Applicants must have housing accommodations or transportation in the Nisku area, as Precision does not provide internship housing.
- By May 8, 2023, applicants must have completed at least their first year of study in a post-secondary program/Technical Institute.
The Rig Automation Software Intern will support Precision’s growing IIOT and Automation Edge environment at a technical level. The successful candidate will be assisting the Rig Automation team with various initiatives, including project tasks and sustainment activities.
- Develop Real Time User interfaces;
- Coding of programs that meet design specs using various languages (Java, Python, GO, etc);
- Assisting in the integration of technical components and databases;
- Industrial Internet of Things Integration;
- Software/configuration documentation;
- Building of training materials;
- Automated Report Generation;
- Front end user interface programming;
- Back End Database design;
- End to End and Quality assurance Testing;
- Employee will work under the engineering licenses of Professional Engineers on the team; and,
- No Managerial responsibilities.
Knowledge & Skills
Basic understanding of database architecture.
Strong programming and computer skills
Self-motivated and disciplined.
Highly organized, detail oriented, reliable, and responsible
Pursuing a Post-Secondary Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Equivalent.
Previous experience in the Oil and Gas Industry is an asset.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.precisiondrilling.com.