JOB TITLE: Rig Controller
REPORTING TO: Rig Controller Manager / Finance Manager
LOCATION: Luanda, Angola
Broaden your horizons. Own the Opportunity.
Seadrill is one of the world’s most modern offshore deep-water drilling companies. Using ground-breaking technology, our vision is to Set the Standard in Drilling. It’s an ambitious goal. And every single one of us has a part to play. Help us to keep innovating, improving and maintaining the highest safety standards, and we’ll give you what you need to be your best too.
This position supports the Operational management team and the related financial reporting. The Rig Controller will gain an in depth understanding of the financial position of the assigned operations including identifying the major financial drivers, risks and opportunities of the business.
The Rig Controller should ensure issues which present a potential financial impact are raised and resolved in a timely manner and in accordance with Seadrill policies and procedures.
Job Specific Responsibilities
This position is expected to maintain a strong relationship with Operations, Shared Service Center and other support functions.
· Responsible for monthly and YTD variance bridge in monthly Reporting Package for executive management.
· Review management reports to identify potential accruals and adjustments for goods and or services and feed this back to the Shared Service Center.
· Responsible for collation, input, and review of forecast and budget information submitted by operations and marketing.
· The role includes but is not exclusive to preparation of the monthly accounts, the analysis of the activities, balance sheet preparation, budgeting and forecasting for the respective units. All activities will also be conducted in a SOX compliant manner in line with Seadrill’s control framework.
· Gather supporting documentation from the rig operations team for the customer billing process and provide this to the Shared Service Center AR team.
· Review of CIP account to ensure timely capitalization of projects. Provide commencement of depreciation period (inform SSC that asset is placed in service or is ready to use).
· Provide support for clients, regulatory bodies and any other audits that might be required.
· Provide feedback to ensure the balance sheet accurately reflects the business.
· Foster a culture of financial accountability, understanding and discipline amongst budget owners.
· Coordinates required reviews with and provides support required by operations and shared service center to explain the financial results and identify corrective actions, where required.
· Ad-hoc reports and analysis as required.
What knowledge, skills and experience are we looking for?
· Previous finance / accounting experience with ability to apply financial and accounting practices and procedures (USGAAP).
· Possesses an in depth understanding of the financial aspects of the drilling contract(s).
· Prefer a thorough understanding of the finance/accounting aspects of Offshore Drilling Business and of how the various support roles interface (supply chain, human resources, etc.)
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or equivalent.
· Demonstrable hands-on experience in Oil and Gas industry, preferably with focus in offshore drilling, either directly or indirectly, e.g. audit experience in public practice firm.
· Exposure to month end close, budget and forecasting a plus.
· Ability to communicate both orally and written in English.
· Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills, particularly with Excel.
· Ability to build relationships across different cultures and disciplines.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills.
· Able to perform in an environment that emphasizes teamwork
· Highly numerate, strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities with an inquisitive mind-set to find solutions.
· Major ERP experience, preferably Oracle.
· Experience with Hyperion would be an advantage.
What you’ll get in return
Wherever you join us you’ll be part of a team that takes pride in maintaining their colleagues’ safety as well as their own, to ensure safe and successful operations. We employ the best in the industry, and we want to keep it that way. So if you want to keep developing your skills, we’ll give you every opportunity. We also offer a competitive reward package with an attractive base salary and a range of benefits tailored to your location.
Join Seadrill. Own the Opportunity.
To apply for this job please visit seadrill.csod.com.