NOV is actively recruiting ambitious college/university graduates for a Robotics Engineer role that will be part of our Pathway Rotational Program.
The NOV Pathway Rotational Program offers recent college graduates the opportunity to obtain meaningful work experiences through a structured 2-to-3-year rotational program. The program is designed to help participants develop strong functional/technical expertise and business knowledge through challenging, hands-on assignments and exposure to various groups across NOV. Towards the end of the program, participants will work with their management support team to identify full-time positions that best suit individual skill sets as well as company needs.
Participants can choose from multiple career track options based on education and career interest. Each career track has its own training and experience-based learning objectives, and knowledge and performance are evaluated following each rotation. The start date for this program will be January 10, 2022.
Following the engineering career track, the primary responsibilities will be as follows:
- Review existing drill floor equipment with a view to redesigning for use in hands free and/or automated pipe handling and drilling
- Conduct research on robotic hardware and software technologies to create new robotic systems or system capabilities
- Conduct research into effective, optimized path planning with advanced collision detection and/collision avoidance algorithms
- Participate in initial equipment conceptual ideas and development, specifications, and control requirements, for hands free and automated pipe handling and drilling, such as mobile omni-directional robots
- Research, assess, and where necessary design software and hardware systems for electromechanical equipment or systems, and advanced displays, advanced sensing, robotic platforms, computer vision
- Research, assess, and where necessary design software and hardware systems for robotic applications related to the drilling industry pipe-handling activities using robotic platforms, open source or commercial
- Introduce automated equipment and processes into oil and gas pipe handling and drilling, training aftermarket personnel to support after deployment
- Participate in the definition of scope with vendors for the development of robotic and automated solutions for exclusive use in NOV equipment and rig packages
- Participate in NOV specification and standards creation for robotic solutions, and release to vendor for quote and technical evaluation
- Enforce application of NOV standards, and work with vendors during specification, design review, design approval
- Establish test plans and control test plan execution with vendors and at NOV and customers facilities during installation and acceptance testing and commissioning
- Configure and validate new automated drilling and pipe handling equipment for deployment onto NOV and customer assets
We invite you to apply if you have the following qualifications and skills:
- Recent graduate (1-2 years) or graduating prior to January 2022 in a related engineering field with practical experience in robotics and/or industrial automation.
- Working knowledge and experience of PLC and high-level programming languages such as Java, C, C++, LabView, Siemens, and operating systems such as Linux
- Ability to read P&ID, electrical and hydraulics schematics and translate into software environments.
- Working knowledge of robotics platforms and tool kits both vendor specific (such as ABB, Yaskawa, Kawasaki, Kuka, etc) and vendor independent (such as ROS and ROS Industrial).
- Experience and working knowledge of AC drive systems, hydraulic systems and servo control preferred
- Experience and working knowledge of programing HMI systems
- Working knowledge of machine vision systems and platforms, with an understanding of AI systems and platforms
Successful candidates that meet the above qualifications will be invited to attend a virtual Information Session to learn more about the program to ensure it’s a fit for you prior to continuing the selection process.
NOV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination or Harassment of Any Kind: NOV is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunities for everyone and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. NOV values inclusion and diversity; we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
To apply for this job please visit egay.fa.us6.oraclecloud.com.