Airswift has been tasked by one of our major oil & gas clients to seek a Safety Instrumented System Engineer to work within their facilities located in Sweeny, TX for an initial 7-month contract.
Within this position, you will be responsible for the PLC and shutdown system across the plant. In addition, will assist in the development, implementation, design, specification, and maintenance of Safety and shutdown system hardware.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Provide support to troubleshoot, analyze, and provide direction to safely resolve PLC and shutdown system problems across the refinery.
- Provide technical assistance and expertise regarding SIS for the Control System Specialists, SIS Technicians, and Instrument Technicians.
- Assist the maintenance activities by provide technical guidance and document any changes related to PLC or Shutdown system.
- Perform audits and inspections on PLCs and shutdown systems.
- Support SIS/PLC team technical training and development.
- Review/Update Cause & Effects, SIL Calculations, Shutdown Narratives
- Review/Update SIS/IPL Preventative Maintenance (PM) Procedures
- Participate in the Safety Lifecycle (SLC) activities related to PLC and shutdown system, which may include LOPA/PHA, design, implementation, commissioning, MOC, and decommissioning
Previous education and experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Previous experience within a similar position, preferably in the oil & gas or petrochemicals industries
To apply for this job please visit jobs.airswift.com.