Position Title: Sales/Business Development Manager – Oil & Gas
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: General Manager – Oil & Gas
Location: Spring, TX (Onsite)
POSITION SUMMARY: Manages and directs sales to achieve sales and profit goals. Reviews and analyzes sales performance against programs, quotas, and plans to determine effectiveness. Designs and recommends sales and marketing programs. Establishes short and long-term sales strategies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Manage and grow sales of the company by planning, implementing and managing sales, marketing, and product development programs
* Identify opportunities at early stage so that company’s products are qualified and specified.
* Develop technical specifications to meet project requirements.
* Introduce new products and concepts to new customers and new markets.
* Manage sales representatives and agents, if required
* Set target sales margins in line with business strategies and market conditions
* Conduct competitive market intelligence; analyze and adjust positioning to grow market leadership
* Forecast sales trends, sales dollars / margins and communicate competitive situations
* Assist in preparation of quotations/proposals and follow up as required.
* Support strategic planning and business development initiatives
* Approximately 50% travel (including internationally) to meet customers and develop new business
* Attend and help co-ordinate trade shows, related conventions and customer events, to promote our products and services.
* Performs other duties/ projects as assigned or as required by the position.
* This position frequents interacts with other Sales and Business Development Representatives, the Commercial Team, Project Managers and Production Personnel.
* Reports to the General Manager – Oil & Gas.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business
* A minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in the Oil and Gas Industry and selling in an industrial environment
* Experience with engineered products and pipeline coating or insulation (industrial, commercial, and cryogenics) preferred
* Must be proficient with MS Office applications
* Results-driven and self-motivated
* Must have strong business acumen, communication skills, customer/client focused, strong presentation skills and problem solving and analytical skills
* Ability to work in a dynamic environment and adapt to change
* Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills, and sound work ethic
* Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITES: None.
TRAVEL: Travel 50% of the time required.
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Must be able to operate computer and other office equipment as the job requires.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Able to sit for long periods of time, with good hand / finger dexterity for typing / data entry. Must be able to frequently lift and/or move items over 25 pounds. Occasional visits to construction / job sites will be required. Adequate mobility and the ability to spend several hours in external conditions is necessary. Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
MENTAL DEMANDS: Must handle diverse work problems on a daily basis. Must be able to resolve problems, handle conflict and make effective decisions under pressure. Must relate and interact with people at all levels in the Company.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Works in a typical office setting. Able to sit for long periods of time, with good hand / finger dexterity for typing / data entry. Must be able to frequently lift and/or move items over 25 pounds. Occasional visits to construction / job sites will be required. Adequate mobility and the ability to spend several hours in external conditions is necessary. This position will require working of additional hours on an as needed basis.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
To apply for this job please visit www.orionjobs.com.