· Understanding of drilling and completions operations.
· Demonstrate deep knowledge of tenders management and negotiations.
· Fluent in English and Spanish.
Reports to: D&C Supply Chain Lead, based in Madrid.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Create contract strategies and call for bid packages.
· Evaluate bids and issue the bid award recommendation for the client, partners and Local Authorities.
· Lead contracts negotiations (balancing technical, commercial, legal and risk considerations).
· Analyze and check the cost effectiveness of the contracts and create savings.
· Apply the Supply Chain, Contract Holder, HSE Management fundamentals within the Project Contracts Strategy.
· Effective follow up claims, contract management and change orders.
· Effective documentation/filing system.
· Manage Reporting Data Information System.
· Manage and executing the developed procedures in an effective and efficient way, giving due consideration to the continuous changing requirements and time-planning from the customers.
· Compliance with Repsol (Corporate) procedures, Joint Venture and Local procedures.
· Establish an effective relationship within D&C Team and Madrid Technical Departments.
· Ability to work in several projects simultaneously.
Education / Qualifications:
· Degree in an appropriate discipline (BSC – Engineering or Business Management).
· Strong understanding of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Teams).
Experience & knowledge:
· A minimum of 3 years of recent experience in Contract Management in a leading (best practice performer) Oil Companies with focus on Drilling /Exploration operations.
· Proven track record of dealing with complex contracts, demonstrating knowledge of contractual, financial, commercial and technical matters.
· Excellent written and oral command of the English language. Ability to communicate in Spanish.
Required behaviours & skills:
· Highly focussed on HSE and Process Safety at all times.
· Team player who is approachable and actively promotes a high level of interaction across multiple disciplines, across different countries and different timelines.
· Highly focussed on negotiations.
· Ability to work in a stressful and difficult environment.
· Highly organised with good data management skills
· Can communicate with clarity (even through online tools), confidence and maintains a high level of integrity and confidentiality.
· Must show a sense of ownership and accountability.
· Must behave in a professional manner at all times in order to uphold the reputation of the company.
To apply for this job please visit altea-energy.com.