Schlumberger Indonesia – Data Scientist
Jakarta – Indonesia
Schlumberger Indonesia – Data Scientist
Schlumberger has an opening in Indonesia for a Data Scientist role in the Digital Subsurface Solutions Data Science team, who will be responsible for guiding the successful delivery of Analytic Solutions to internal customers. The Data Scientist will be responsible for designing and executing undirected research and tackling open-ended data problems related to AI, ML, predictive / analytical modeling, data mining, and research on large scale, complex data sets, using statistical, machine learning, graph modeling, text mining and other modern techniques. This individual is also responsible for collaborating with various teams and providing periodic updates through presentations and prototype demonstrations. The role will require working on multiple projects simultaneously. This position will also be involved in the formulation of key business requirements to be solved, rationalizing the various analytical approaches to solve those problems. Finally, this position is involved in helping to develop, analyze and draw conclusions, and presenting the results back to business users. Depending on the candidate’s qualification, this position can be either a Data Scientist or a Senior Data Scientist.
Permanent Hired with 3 months’ probation period – based in Jakarta, Indonesia
- Researches and assesses next-generation technologies for data-driven solutions in subsurface resources exploration and production
- Generates innovative ideas, establishes new research directions, and shapes and executes on technical projects
- Applies theoretical knowledge to solve industrial problems
- Applies engineering knowledge in developing data-driven algorithms and prototypes for classification, regression, anomaly detection, failure prediction, and optimization
- Works with business and engineering teams to implement robust and scalable industrial software solutions
- Maintains state-of-the-art knowledge and contributes to technical discussions and reviews as an expert in related areas of responsibility
- Communicates ideas, plans, and results effectively via oral and written reports – Works effectively with peers, management, operations groups, and outside organizations
- Participate in technical forums and other appropriate events and conferences
Qualification and Behavior:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, mathematics, physics, applied science, engineering or similar disciplines with demonstrated research capability with 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in developing core machine learning algorithms in professional research and development settings
- Strong background in some of these listed areas: machine learning, time series analysis / sensor processing, deep learning, optimization/operations research, text analytics/NLP, computer vision
- Demonstrated experience in building and applying machine learning / predictive modelling in real-world use cases
- Excellent communication, verbal and written skills
- Excellent knowledge of developing deep learning models using tools such as TensorFlow, Keras, Pytorch, etc.
- Understanding and past experience of Oil and Gas domain is a plus
- Experience working with, processing and managing large data sets (multi-TB scale) is preferred
- Track records of past publications in relevant topics
- Immediate availability is an advantage
- Ability in designing distributed and parallelized algorithms
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in Indonesia, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Warning on recruitment fraud – Schlumberger NEVER ask for payment to process documents, Schlumberger NEVER refer you to a third party to process applications, and Schlumberger NEVER ask you to pay costs. NEVER send money or pass or personal details to anyone suggesting they can provide employment with Schlumberger and NEVER reply to an email address that does not end in @slb.com
To apply for this job please visit careers.slb.com.